baumer

Baumer's 36 best films of 2018 (top 3 has been revealed)

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

edit: deleted. I was not holding true to the SkyBeam SparklePony standard.

okay don't hold back buddy. I don't think you've actually seen assassination Nation. But you have thoughts on it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

. Is it because I have assassination nation and upgrade in my top five that some of you think that I have odd taste in film LOL

I think Upgrade is probably among your least controversial picks :lol::lol: good movie 

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I saw your Not Cool react to the Infinity War post (yours and Tele, but Tele is expected). That's not cool, bro.

[jk, I could see why someone would dislike it; I fucking loved it, though, and didn't even expect to. Gets better every time I see it]

I like Infinity War a lot.

But I hate it in spirit,

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Thanks for the kind words to some of you. And is my taste in film this year really that odd? I mean I have a stars born and Bohemian Rhapsody and Avengers and so on. Is it because I have assassination nation and upgrade in my top five that some of you think that I have odd taste in film LOL

you guys really need to see assassination nation in my opinion. It's such a wild on movie and it's such an indictment of the times that we live in.

Lets just say that I’m on the exact opposite end of the spectrum with Assassination Nation.  It was my least favorite of the year, up until a few days ago when I decided Bohemian Rhapsody was worse :ph34r:

• Sad 1

Just going through some of these, I see that @That One Guy gave me the most disbeliefs and not cools out of anyone.  How can you say that any film that I like is "not cool"?  My taste in film is obviously different that yours.  So why so shocked when someone's list is so different than yours?

Nice top! You have most of my favorite movies of the year in your top, which is great!

Upgrade rocks indeed. Avengers: Infinity War is also the best comic book movie of the year IMO

Surprised I missed this, probably haven't looked at the stickied topics this week. :qotd:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

Just going through some of these, I see that @That One Guy gave me the most disbeliefs and not cools out of anyone.  How can you say that any film that I like is "not cool"?  My taste in film is obviously different that yours.  So why so shocked when someone's list is so different than yours?

Dont take it personally, it just means I disagree with you lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Dont take it personally, it just means I disagree with you lol

Not taking it personsl....just wondering why you seem to dislike so many films this year.

On 1/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, Christmas baumer said:

Hunter Killer

Box office:  15.7 million

Gerard Butler, Gary Oldman, Common

@SteveJaros  Basically, if you liked a movie like "Skyscraper" or "The Meg" a few months ago, you might like this. Cheesy by the numbers action movie, every plot twist visible from a mile away,

I did see Hunter Killer. I agree with your assessment of it. FWIW, I liked it better than "Skyscraper" but not quite as much as "The Meg", which was my favorite "pure trashy fun" movie of the year. :) 

• Like 1