Ezen Baklattan

2018/19 Golden Globes: Official Discussion Thread | Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book are Best Picture winners

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Imagine if Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book both win. BOT would shut down by this point.

i watched green book this weekend and i thought it was actually pretty good. probably my second favourite in those categories behind... the favourite. so i wouldn't be mad at it winning. i hope viggo wins.

• Like 1

I can’t really see them giving to Bohemian Rhapsody because even the HFPA probably knows they have nothing to gain but controversy from it entirely because of Bryan Singer’s involvement, even if it was the film that led to his apparent and overdue ostracization from Hollywood (his next project is with foreign investors). Then again, the fact it’s become such a success in spite of him has probably contributed as much as the box office to its surprise narrative during awards season so who knows.

• Like 2

I think the winners have the potential to det the tone for the Oscars this time around. If Richard E. Grant beats Mahershala Ali for the Globe, I think the Oscar will be his to lose. And I think Regina King needs to win the Globe to maintain her momentum from the critics awards, to really make the statement that the SAG snub was a simple accident. I hope Olivia Colman wins her Globe, and I think I'm rooting for Lady Gaga on the Drama side; I don't think any of the drama actors would be bad winners, but if Willem Dafoe wants to stay in the game for a nomination, he needs to pull a miraculous win here; and I'm rooting for Mortensen to beat Bale, personally. And hopefully Spider-Verse wins Animated.

btw I finally saw Beale Street last night and King > Adams in Vice. They’ll likely give it to Amy and kick off her televised clean sweep (along with her inevitable win for Sharp Objects tonight). Kinda annoyed that this is gonna be the performance that finally gets her an Oscar, even if she’ll have one at last.

Final Predictions: 

Movies
Best Picture (Drama)- A Star Is Born
Best Picture (Comedy or Musical)- Green Book
Best Performance (Actor in Drama)- Bradley Cooper
Best Performance (Actress in Drama)- Lady Gaga
Best Performance (Actor in Musical or Comedy)- Christian Bale
Best Performance (Actress in Musical or Comedy)- Emily Blunt
Best Performance (Actor in a Supporting Role)- Mahershala Ali
Best Performance (Actress in a Supporting Role)- Regina King
Best Director- Bradley Cooper
Best Screenplay- Deborah Davis and Tony McNamara
Best Motion Picture (Animated)- Into the Spider-Verse
Best Picture (Foreign Language- Roma
Best Original Score (Motion Picture)- Marc Shaiman
Best Original Song (Motion Picture)- Shallow

TV
Best Television Series (Drama)- Homecoming
Best Television Series (Musical or Comedy)- Barry
Best Television Series (Limited or Motion Picture)- Sharp Objects
Best Television Actor (Drama)- Stephan James
Best Television Actress (Drama)- Julia Roberts
Best Television Actor (Musical or Comedy)- Bill Hader
Best Television Actress (Musical or Comedy)- Kristen Bell
Best Television Actor (Limited Series)- Darren Criss
Best Television Actress (Limited Series)- Amy Adams
Best Television Actor (Supporting)- Henry Winkler
Best Television Actress (Supporting)- Patricia Clarkson

Do the Globes really mean anything?  The Hollywood foreign press has no say in the Oscars.  They are just a bunch of yoyos who want to hob knob with Hollywood royalty.  The PGA, DGA and WGA are better indicators.  This show is fun to watch because everyone gets smashed, but to say there is any kind of precurssor to the oscars?  Doubt it.

• Like 1

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/2019-golden-globes-order-complete-ceremony-rundown-all-presenters-news-284619573/

Here is the full rundown of categories for the Golden Globes ceremony, although anything might change based on timing and producer decisions.

1. Best TV Movie/Limited Series Actress

2. Best Film Supporting Actor

3. Best TV Comedy Actress

4. Best TV Drama Actress

5. Best TV Drama Actor

6. Best TV Drama Series

7. Best TV Supporting Actor

8. Best Film Score

9. Best Film Score

10. Best Film Comedy/Musical Actor

11. Best TV Supporting Actress

12. Best Animated Film

13. Best Film Supporting Actress

14. Best Film Screenplay

15. Best Foreign Language Film

16. Best TV Movie/Limited Series Actor

17. Best TV Comedy Series

18. Best TV Comedy Actor

19. Best Film Director

20. Best TV Movie/Limited Series

21. Best Film Comedy/Musical Actress

22. Best Film Comedy/Musical

23. Best Film Drama Actor

24. Best Film Drama Actress

25. Best Film Drama

Weird that TV Drama Series gets announced before TV Supporting Actor/Actress

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Do the Globes really mean anything?  The Hollywood foreign press has no say in the Oscars.  They are just a bunch of yoyos who want to hob knob with Hollywood royalty.  The PGA, DGA and WGA are better indicators.  This show is fun to watch because everyone gets smashed, but to say there is any kind of precurssor to the oscars?  Doubt it.

They’re always the first major televised awards show and usually start sweeps in the acting categories, the occasional odd win aside (like Aaron Taylor-Johnson two years ago).

But everyone’s mostly here for the drunk celebrities lol.

• Like 1