Ezen Baklattan

2018/19 Golden Globes: Official Discussion Thread | Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book are Best Picture winners

These awards were so outlandish there's a small chance that a backlash starts that knocks them out of contention. Jesus.

Considering that Bohemian Rhapsody got a Best Ensemble nom despite having exactly one performance, looks like Malek is winning that too. Globe and SAG in hand, tough for me to see Bale or Cooper winning it. 

Just now, That One Guy said:

Worth a reminder that the Globes are implicitly supporting a child predator by saying his work that he received sole directorial credit for is worthy of being considered the best movie of the year.

Alright Don Quixote, slow down there for a moment.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

These awards were so outlandish there's a small chance that a backlash starts that knocks them out of contention. Jesus.

Considering that Bohemian Rhapsody got a Best Ensemble nom despite having exactly one performance, looks like Malek is winning that too. Globe and SAG in hand, tough for me to see Bale or Cooper winning it. 

yeah rami malek is probably winning best actor. rn i think saying otherwise is denial. poor viggo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, his firing from the film was widely publicized. Too bad it came at a point where the film was pretty much finished and he was obligated to get sole director credit.

That's not why he was officially fired though.  He was fired because it was the last straw in his disappearing during filming.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Worth a reminder that the Globes are implicitly supporting a child predator by saying his work that he received sole directorial credit for is worthy of being considered the best movie of the year.

that's a strange thing to say. Thousands of people worked on the film and he was technically fired. Also loads of people are flocking to see the film and love it. Are they "child predator" supporters?

• Like 1

So my internet went down when Bohemian Rhapsody won Motion Picture Drama... I thought, for a moment, that the award had crashed the forum. Thank goodness, it didn't. Such a nuclear event mustn't be the death of us. We can press on. We can certainly press on.

My thoughts:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU FUCKS AFTER REVIEWS CAME IN THAT MALEK COULD STILL WIN :Venom: WE GETTING 200M IN THIS BITCH NOW

Actress is definitely between Close and Colman rn. I’ve been thinking for a bit there’s no way Gaga wins two categories, and this supports that even with the HFPA’s fuckery. That race probably just depends on who is campaign better next month.

Mark my words: Supporting Actress is gonna be a different winner at every ceremony. Adams or Blunt will win SAG, Weisz will win BAFTA, and Stone will win the Oscar.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

in a way i must thank the globes cos this has really taken the heat off my problematic fave green book. if it's a choice between the two you're ALL gonna be on my team.

I'd never thought I'd fight alongside GREEN BOOK, but if this is what it comes down to, then so be it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

My thoughts:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU FUCKS AFTER REVIEWS CAME IN THAT MALEK COULD STILL WIN :Venom: WE GETTING 200M IN THIS BITCH NOW

Actress is definitely between Close and Colman rn. I’ve been thinking for a bit there’s no way Gaga wins two categories, and this supports that even with the HFPA’s fuckery. That race probably just depends on who is campaign better next month.

Mark my words: Supporting Actress is gonna be a different winner at every ceremony. Adams or Blunt will win SAG, Weisz will win BAFTA, and Stone will win the Oscar.

We’re not having two winners from two years ago pick up second Oscars so soon, come on Han.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

We’re two winners from two years ago pick up second Oscars so soon, come on Han.

I mean, it isn’t impossible. I expect Grant to take over at SAG and the Oscars bc the HFPA probably just wanted a makeup win, but Stone may happen.