Ezen Baklattan

2018/19 Golden Globes: Official Discussion Thread | Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book are Best Picture winners

14 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Bryan Singer is a terrible, morally reprehensible human being and I do not condone any of his actions. I understand where people who do not like Bohemian Rhapsody are coming from because they do not wish to support a film made by someone who did the things that he did. I get it.

The problem I have is when they start attacking and maligning other people for liking the film, like what happened with Elsie Fisher tonight after she got a barrage of hateful comments after her initial tweet. That's where I, personally, draw the line. 

She can have her bamboo stick, overreacted at her when it’s the HFPA who did the bad thing.

18 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Bryan Singer is a terrible, morally reprehensible human being and I do not condone any of his actions. I understand where people who do not like Bohemian Rhapsody are coming from because they do not wish to support a film made by someone who did the things that he did. I get it.

The problem I have is when they start attacking and maligning other people for liking the film, like what happened with Elsie Fisher tonight after she got a barrage of hateful comments after her initial tweet. That's where I, personally, draw the line. 

People attacking a child b/c of how much they hate a predator.   Fucking clueless.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nature club said:

what direction is Hollywood and Political transparency flowing?

April O' Neil here looking to report on the power.  Fox Studios mediocre reviewed Bohemian Rhaphsody wins BP which is a surprise.  Its my job to report these inconsistencies and be the Mockingjay to blow the whistle.  It is your job too.  Hope my presence can inspire deeper online hackers to snuff out the truth with all things corrupted.  

Or maybe the public has truly evened out with govt intel and corporate mistrust

8e00dec9b99824c7c2adf7a460695b08--casey-

Edited by The Quiet Name
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slambros said:

What I'm asking for is this: a Best Picture winner that is any other film than Bohemian Rhapsody, Green Book, and, by extension, Vice.

This is a certainty now, neither BH nor Green Book will win Oscars BP, BH could be nominated and Rami could win best actor, that's pretty much it. Green book has way too low of a critic score and is too divisive to win such a large body on a preferential ballot. So this is yet again another year where all of Globes' 2 picks for BP will be different from Oscar's BP.

The only films that can win BP at the Oscars is really Roma, The Favourite and ASIB, though ASIB is actually looking weaker now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Social justice warriors: freaking cancers, all of them.

The New Puritans and Critics Lost  last night.

Was a very good and pleasant night.

Don't be sad tho, Roma will win best tablet/smartphone movie at the Oscars so true art will triumph in the end.

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

The New Puritans and Critics Lost  last night.

Was a very good and pleasant night.

Don't be sad tho, Roma will win best tablet/smartphone movie at the Oscars so true art will triumph in the end.

Your hate boner about Roma is kinda funny.  I wonder why you concentrate your hate so much on it and not all the other artsy US movies 🤔

Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody are literally the worst choices to win. The former was not only blatantly racist but it also was an insult to the real Don Shirley. It shows him as someone who he wasn't and added in drama that only would destroy his image in black communities. I am not really surprised the movie was written by Tony's son. Not surprising the HFPA voted for this movie. It literally is a pat in the back for old white people.

Bohemian Rhapsody was a disgustingly shallow portrayal of Freddie Mercury and homosexuals in general. Mercury's homosexuality wasn't developed enough and the other band members were made to look like gods (. Not just that but every gay character in the movie is a fucking caricature. It makes you think gay people are corrupting others by making them gay. Even the AIDS was made to look like it was a consequence of being gay. Also funny that they skipped their performance in Sun City. And the fact that the HFPA just rewarded a pedo rapist's movie makes it even worse. Can't wait to see Bryan Singer make his big comeback in 2020. /s

Both films weren't just bad. They were a horrible representation of people who especially are needed to show in a positive light today. 

• Like 4

That s what I got from BR too, Freddie Mercury was a terrible representation of the gay community.

I am sure that s what tens of millions of people who saw the movie got that from the movie too.

Edited by The Futurist

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody are literally the worst choices to win. The former was not only blatantly racist but it also was an insult to the real Don Shirley. It shows him as someone who he wasn't and added in drama that only would destroy his image in black communities. I am not really surprised the movie was written by Tony's son. Not surprising the HFPA voted for this movie. It literally is a pat in the back for old white people.

Bohemian Rhapsody was a disgustingly shallow portrayal of Freddie Mercury and homosexuals in general. Mercury's homosexuality wasn't developed enough and the other band members were made to look like gods (. Not just that but every gay character in the movie is a fucking caricature. It makes you think gay people are corrupting others by making them gay. Even the AIDS was made to look like it was a consequence of being gay. Also funny that they skipped their performance in Sun City. And the fact that the HFPA just rewarded a pedo rapist's movie makes it even worse. Can't wait to see Bryan Singer make his big comeback in 2020. /s

Both films weren't just bad. They were a horrible representation of people who especially are needed to show in a positive light today. 

Posts like this make me laugh.  My god, what a load of hooey.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I am just laughing.

The whole hollywood elites and sjw crowd have created such a an absurdly high standard for themselves that can't recognize films for just being simply entertaining and fun.

A film cant win a award unless it perfectly aligns to a certain social cultural and political vision.

I don't think Green book should win an award as its a nice B+ film really but just because it does not show all white people as evil to appease the Sjw crowd does not mean its a horribile film either. Its just a simplistic feel good film.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1