Ezen Baklattan

2018/19 Golden Globes: Official Discussion Thread | Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book are Best Picture winners

13 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

If someone were to call conservatives a cancer, they would have been warned or banned immediately. Unbelievable. 

Elise Fisher was attacked for being happy that Bohemian and Rami Malek won at the Globes. It's getting out of hand with some of these leftists to the point where, yes, they are cancerous.

I don't know what have you all done to each other, left vs right and conservative vs liberal. 

I like and admire Roma not because of the movie features minority or pro-immigrant. I like BR not because i am a pedophilia. I like those film are because of they fit my taste. That was my criteria of art. Flawed or great, they made me feel good. 

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't know what have you all done to each other, left vs right and conservative vs liberal. 

I like and admire Roma not because of the movie features minority or pro-immigrant. I like BR not because i am a pedophilia. I like those film are because of they fit my taste. That was my criteria of art. Flawed or great, they made me feel good. 

It's my fault. Last night I stated my discontent with Regina King's statement. I should have known better. Not that I think I deserve to have my opinions silenced, but that I shouldn't be potentially starting anything while people on this forum are just trying to enjoy the event. For that, I sincerely apologise.

So another White Savior film that helps white audiences feel a little less guilty about racism is celebrated by Hollywood. And another film about an LGBTQ person is sugarcoated and sanitized to appeal to hetero audiences is also celebrated by the industry. How is this any different from the last...forever? Hollywood will Hollywood.

2 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

So another White Savior film that helps white audiences feel a little less guilty about racism is celebrated by Hollywood. And another film about an LGBTQ person is sugarcoated and sanitized to appeal to hetero audiences is also celebrated by the industry. How is this any different from the last...forever? Hollywood will Hollywood.

Lol, nothing will ever be good enough for your kind, will it?

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It's my fault. Last night I stated my discontent with Regina King's statement. I should have known better. Not that I think I deserve to have my opinions silenced, but that I shouldn't be potentially starting anything while people on this forum are just trying to enjoy the event. For that, I sincerely apologise.

When you say bad/misguided/out of date opinions (like you did in the Classic Convo thread the other week about how men are supposed to be one way and women are supposed to be the other), expect to be called out on it. Just saying. Moving on. Back to arguing about Bohemian Rhapsody.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The ratings were the lowest in 4 years despite a number of hit movies being nominated.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/2019-golden-globe-awards-ratings-bohemian-rhapsody-sandra-oh-andy-samberg-nbc-1202530431/

Im surprised anyone would sit through a 4 hour Hollywood backpatting fest 

7 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Yet the film AVatar become an all time hit in many non white countries...

I do agree that it is but most people watched it for the visual and not for social commentary. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

When you say bad/misguided/out of date opinions (like you did in the Classic Convo thread the other week about how men are supposed to be one way and women are supposed to be the other), expect to be called out on it. Just saying. Moving on. Back to arguing about Bohemian Rhapsody.

I explained in detail what I meant by "supposed to". You must have missed that. And you're incorrect, my opinions and ideals are just as valid as yours, even if the left thinks it's "outdated". I could just as easily call a lot of the left's ideals "stupid and unrealistic". At the end of the day, they're all opinions of equal value.

Just now, JB33 said:

I explained in detail what I meant by "supposed to". You must have missed that. And you're incorrect, my opinions and ideals are just as valid as yours, even if the left thinks it's "outdated". I could just as easily call a lot of the left's ideals "stupid and unrealistic". At the end of the day, they're all opinions of equal value.

You’re entitled to have those opinions. But don’t expect anyone with a sense of decency to be in your corner. Invent time travel and go back several decades if that’s what you seek.

Just now, filmlover said:

You’re entitled to have those opinions. But don’t expect anyone with a sense of decency to be in your corner. Invent time travel and go back several decades if that’s what you seek.

I'd love to have that option, to be honest. Alas, I live in this very fucked up time and there's not much I can do about it.

Just now, filmlover said:

Maybe bring your views up to date to 2019 and get with the times, for one.

Nah, I'm fine with mine. I'm not going to have my mind warped like so many other folks nowadays with the identity politics. I may stick out like a sore thumb on this forum but in the real world, at least here in Canada, I'm not in the minority. People are getting sick of Justin Trudeau. That ultimately explains why I'm so sensitive with this kind of stuff nowadays. It's exactly like Americans with Trump, but on the other side of the political spectrum.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Maybe bring your views up to date to 2019 and get with the times, for one.

If you want a good test to judge a mans value on such issues.

Ask them how would they feel if their GF or Wife makes more money then them.

Based on the answer, you will learn a lot about them.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

If you want a good test to judge a mans value on such issues.

Ask them how would they feel if their GF or Wife makes more money then them.

Based on the answer, you will learn a lot about them.

I dated a very successful woman who had a position high up at an insurance company (after years of working hard, starting at the bottom) and made a lot more money than I. I didn't mind it one bit. I respected her talents and the work she put in to be as successful as she was.

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

This thread ain't it, chief.

For real. I’m bowing out here. Although I will say imagine feeling as if your entire existence is being threatened by the mere existence of other groups of people different from yourself. What a rough way to go through life.

44 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yo, the last film that won best picture at Golden Globes and didn't get nominated for Best Picture was Spartacus in 1963. You are say won't be surprised if something that hasn't happened in 56 years will happen.

Oh ah! I didn’t realise lol 

What was the last best picture nominee to have 62% on rotten tomatoes and a 49 on Metacritic 😳