google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
Ezen Baklattan

2018/19 Golden Globes: Official Discussion Thread | Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book are Best Picture winners

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I like that Linda Cardellini is the person closest to the stage.

I love her! 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i'm just saying i watched it last night and i was surprised how good green book is. i'm prepared to be it's one stan on here for the next couple months that's fine.

Oh, it's a solid flick (B+ from me). But the fact that it's gobbling up attention at the expense of far better movies that have gotten the shaft (*cough*WIDOWS*cough*) is annoying. Ditto for Vice. Nevertheless, I'll still be far less irritated with a Best Picture nomination for either of those movies than Bohemian Rhapsody.

I'm sure Criss is really good in the show, but the guy is always going to be Blaine from Glee to me - one of three people responsible for rescuing that second season from being a complete disaster.

Spoiler

....I actually don't HATE it, but I really don't find it particularly remarkable.

It's also better than Vice and BoCrap.

Green Book is fine. I do think Ali shoulda been the main focus but it’s a competent and amusing enough movie, even with some of the more dodgy elements

Darren Criss was scary as hell in Assassination of Gianni Versace. Definitely would’ve never thought he was capable of that back in the Glee days.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

this season of american crime story was ok. coulda been like 6 episodes instead of 9. criss was very good tho.

Wasn't as good as the first season but I still highly enjoyed it. Criss was great. 

Nice to see the alums of A Very Potter Musical get some recognition.

• Thanks 1

i lost my link, could someone please pm me one 

Yea I mean Malek is probably winning tonight and BR might too so this topic gonna be hella mad. I'm happy with Vice winning anything and while I don't love Green Book or anything I think Ali rocks in it so....I'm okay. 

2 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:
  Reveal hidden contents

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Green Book is fine. I do think Ali shoulda been the main focus but it’s a competent and amusing enough movie, even with some of the more dodgy elements

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Most people probably expect me to hate it and as a racial commentary it's bunk but as an odd couple dramedy road trip movie it's fun because of how great Ali and Viggo are. See ya!

all these raves. green book brings together people of all stars and stripes. beautiful to see.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Not Cool 1

I didn't know Jeff Bridges was the Cecil B. DeMille winner! That's off the chain!

Haven't seen Green Book. Must be good though with all these raves from reputable users.

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

love jeff bridges. he should honestly have made some awards noise for Bad Times at El Royale this year he rules in it.

• Like 4

Just now, aabattery said:

Haven't seen Green Book. Must be good though with all these raves from reputable users.

It even has the passion of @That One Guy behind it. Here is a pic of him just after watching it

Spoiler

jigglypuff-meme

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Can't believe that the year is 2019 and people still think it's acceptable to give Green Book awards over The Favourite, Roma, and If Beale Street Could Talk

fisher king! that might be my favourite bridges movie. or fearless is super underrated.

"It at least has a couple redeeming qualities"

That's my quote for the DVD box @UniversalPictures