Ezen Baklattan

2018/19 Golden Globes: Official Discussion Thread | Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book are Best Picture winners

Here's what I want to see. I want to see the Golden Globes lose some of their legitimacy. And you might ask me, "Slambros. Haven't they already lost their legitimacy?" Well, not really. They'll lose their legitimacy when the Oscars disagree with them in a profound way. What I'm asking for is this: a Best Picture winner that is any other film than Bohemian Rhapsody, Green Book, and, by extension, Vice. I want to see a film like Star is Born, Beale Street, Favourite, Klansman, even Black Panther win over films like those. And let's get an A24 Best Picture nomination while we're at it. Let's show the Golden Globes that they can't just slap a lower-level film with a Best Picture award and expect it to win Best Picture.

How about instead of arguing over legitimacy we should support the idea of different major award shows doing their own thing instead of trying to predict the Oscars.

Let the Globes be the Globes, that's fine, they do their thing.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Here's what I want to see. I want to see the Golden Globes lose some of their legitimacy. And you might ask me, "Slambros. Haven't they already lost their legitimacy?" Well, not really. They'll lose their legitimacy when the Oscars disagree with them in a profound way. What I'm asking for is this: a Best Picture winner that is any other film than Bohemian Rhapsody, Green Book, and, by extension, Vice. I want to see a film like Star is Born, Beale Street, Favourite, Klansman, even Black Panther win over films like those. And let's get an A24 Best Picture nomination while we're at it. Let's show the Golden Globes that they can't just slap a lower-level film with a Best Picture award and expect it to win Best Picture.

Roma has it on lock now. 

The only other movie that's still running is Green Book. 

Both Three Billboards and Lady Bird won here last year and both ended up losing and two years prior to that saw The Revenant and The Martian as winners and they also lost so can everyone please calm down for now?

Edited by filmlover