DeeCee

Watchmen TV Series | HBO

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

No idea what to think about it. 

Doomsday Clock showed that a post-Watchmen world has meat on the bone and can work without the basic story of Alan Moore.

The Leftovers showed that LOST was no fluke when it comes to Damon Lindelof's storytelling chops.

Doesn't mean this story is going to work.  But it should have potential.

*comes across something*

That is just about the best way to open the conversation, I'll admit (and I say this as a person who respects Watchmen but doesn't love it/think it is the best thing evar).

• Like 1

Not a big Geoff Johns fan, so I’d rather treat this as the follow up/remixquel to Moore’s original work as opposed to Doomsday Clock. I don’t expect this to be as good as The Leftovers, but it’s probably gonna be the best comic book show out just based on the talent alone.

13 hours ago, DAR said:

Thought the pilot was very good.   The score was terrific.

Hide contents

And I did not see that coming at the end with Don Johnson's character getting killed off right away.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, and I recognize that not everyone has the same tastes I do, but I think the potential is there for this to be very, very good.

Edited by Wrath

This was really good. Already into the universe that's being built. And THAT SCORE.

The cast for this is amazing. We're truly not worthy of Regina King, obviously, but the rest of the ensemble looks to be great too (didn't know Hong Chau and James Wolk were also in this until I saw the preview for the season at the end).

On 10/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, DAR said:

Hide contents

And I did not see that coming at the end with Don Johnson's character getting killed off right away.

Spoiler

Same. I'm assuming most of his scenes in this will be of the flashback variety since it appears he's still getting second billing behind King.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Great first episode. Didn't realize white supremacists like listening to Future. 

This was something that didn't make sense to me, and not because of the supremacist stuff; the world of Watchmen had a giant squid kill half of all life in New York in 1985, the music and culture would be vastly different. There's no internet or smart phones in the world, per Lindelof interviews, and Redford's been president for 30+ years, but somehow Future's music is left intact lmao

• Haha 1