Eric Duncan

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

https://deadline.com/2019/10/venom-2-shriek-carnage-gets-company-sony-sequel-adds-marvel-villain-woody-harrelson-tom-hardy-1202759702/

EXCLUSIVE: It looks like Carnage will have company in Sony’s upcoming Venom sequel. The Marvel Comics character called Shriek has been incorporated into the plot of the Venom sequel (due in theaters on Oct. 2, 2020), according to two sources close to the project.

A Sony spokesman declined comment, citing the early-days status of the project, which won’t begin principle photography until early next year. The addition of Shriek is a logical choice considering the character’s history in the pages of Marvel Comics as the sonic-powered accomplice and romantic interest of serial killer Cletus Kasaday, aka Carnage, the monstrous archenemy of Venom.

The casting process is underway but so far the field of candidates for the Shriek role has been expanding, not narrowing. “Right now the role is not filled, the net is cast wide toward many kinds of actresses,” one source said, adding that the filmmakers are “looking mostly at unknowns right now.”

12 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Joker's influence 

They are gonna keep a PG-13 cut for China no doubt. Wonder if they choose PG-13 cut for some other markets too if US/CAN is R-rated.

Edited by a2k

The only good movies are Rated R.

The ones with Art in it at least.

Children stuff is well...

for children.

The funny thing is everty time I say this here, people dismiss the idea while it is in fact very very true.

Nolan ?

If he somehow never said yes to Batman or got the phone call, I highly doubt he d ever made PG 13 movie his whole career.

His movies are always R, at least in spirit.

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 1

A little bit of blood and cursewords don't make a movie better. Venom was a cool movie because of the interaction between Tom Hardy and the symbiote, not the cussing.

In my opinion, an R-rating is only worth it when you go "hard R". And if they do that, then it'd be pretty tough to edit down for a Chinese version.

Now, if they've already had an R-rated version planned out for a long time now, that's okay. But if they try to add in some R-rated stuff haphazardly halfway through filming, it could look bad in the final product.

Some people have been saying all along that Carnage lends himself much better to an R-rated movie, and that's likely true. And if they give Carnage some hard R kills in this one, then okay. I suppose that would be "worth it". I suppose if it's just some of Carnage's kills, that would be something they could easily edit down for the Chinese version.

• Like 1

“There are two factors to consider here, with the first being the fact that it is unclear what version of Spider-Man would appear in this film. While it could be the Spider-Man from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who is played by Holland, it could also be an alternate Peter Parker entirely (who just happens to be Tom Holland). Since Marvel Studios is not producing this movie, it is quite possible this Spider-Man in ‘Venom 2’ has nothing to do with the MCU.

The second factor is contingent on the first. So, if the MCU’s Spider-Man appears in ‘Venom 2,’ does that make the first and second ‘Venom’ films canon to the Marvel Cinematic Universe? This is also unclear, but at the same time unlikely given what we do know.”

Edited by cax16

15 minutes ago, cax16 said:

“There are two factors to consider here, with the first being the fact that it is unclear what version of Spider-Man would appear in this film. While it could be the Spider-Man from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who is played by Holland, it could also be an alternate Peter Parker entirely (who just happens to be Tom Holland).

My brain hurts

• Haha 1

If Tom Holland shows up as Spider-Man, EVERYONE will assume that it's the MCU Spidey, not an alternate Spidey.

Well, I take that back. I guess they would only have to spend 30-60 seconds establishing that this is a different Spidey. If they show Uncle Ben raising him instead of Aunt May, or if they clarify that he has never met any other heroes before, or something like that. Maybe even "The only other time I ever left New York before was summer camp 6 years ago."

I suppose they could do a few small things to make it clear enough that this isn't the MCU Spidey.

• Like 1

Not saying this isn’t happening, but considering the only outlets talking about this so far are the fanboy type sites, I’d take this whole thing with a pinch of salt until somewhere like Variety or Deadline reports on it. As it stands at the minute, it seems like a bunch of nobodies trying to make a rumour into an “exclusive” without anything to back it up...

• Like 1