Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

You do have to wonder if Morbius to 2021 is coming down the pipe.

Morbius already moved to March 2021.

My guess is Venom will have competition from In The Heights on this date. Also, Spider-Man is definitely moving now because Sony won't release 2 CBMs in a 3 week duration. Spider-Man to 2022?

• Like 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

They seem to have written off 2020 altogether. 

Yeah, all they have left for 2020 now is...Monster Hunter, Connected, Happiest Season, and Escape Room 2. I guess Greyhound could still open over the holidays but clearly they're looking to 2021 now.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

My guess is Venom will have competition from In The Heights on this date. Also, Spider-Man is definitely moving now because Sony won't release 2 CBMs in a 3 week duration. Spider-Man to 2022?

I think Uncharted was all set to film before the Roni shit happened, so 2022 for Spider-Man is a certainty. October 2022 has a Marvel movie there, albeit from Disney, so I guess it'll go there?

2 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I think Uncharted was all set to film before the Roni shit happened, so 2022 for Spider-Man is a certainty. October 2022 has a Marvel movie there, albeit from Disney, so I guess it'll go there?

If the Marvel movie scheduled for that spot is from Disney, then it won’t be Spider-Man. It seems more likely that the Blade movie will be released there. That’s the only reason I can think of for why the movie would be scheduled for October, and not November. 

20 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

2022 would be good for Spidey. It would make it the 20th anniversary of the very first Spider-Man film.... Just typing that out makes me feel old lol

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Spider-Man could move to December 2021, they've got HT4 scheduled there but that could easily move to Spring or Summer 2022. 

Lol you're forgetting Avatar 2 (Disney is co-financing Spider-man 3 too so they wouldn't want to place both movies so close).

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol you're forgetting Avatar 2 (Disney is co-financing Spider-man 3 too so they wouldn't want to place both movies so close).

The two could easily co-exist much like Jumanji and Star Wars have done. 

If Spider-Man does move, I wonder if Space Jam 2 will remain put or if WB will put a bigger tentpole in its place

36 minutes ago, meridan said:

Morbius has already moved to 2021

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

:dunce:

Too many 2020->2021 moves are happening, can’t even keep track of the smaller ones anymore 😛 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Spider-Man does move, I wonder if Space Jam 2 will remain put or if WB will put a bigger tentpole in its place

A superhero movie like Spider-Man going out without IMAX screens is not going to happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

:jeb!:

50 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Jumanji wasn't a Disney co-production though. I've rarely seen a studio put two of their tentpoles so close to each other.