Eric Duncan

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

hopefully they go for the R rating, but probably not

I believe it’s confirmed as a PG-13.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That opening kitchen scene is certainly...something. It looks like the silliness of the first movie is not only still there, but might have even been ramped up. 

Considering the silly parts where what saved the first film from being a generic joyless slog, I’m all for more silliness. The first film occupies that space where it’s clearly not “good” but it’s still highly entertaining.

31 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Pretty Daniel RPK dude never said that and someone random dude on the internet made a fake image of it looking like him saying that.

Yep, it was straight up fake

Looks bad, just like the first. Trailer metrics are pretty medium — but I guess the really important one is weibo, so... 🤷‍♂️

For now expecting fairly normal sequel drop DOM, small bump OS-C (pending virus conditions of course), and C really don’t know what to expect. 750ish?

I unabashedly loved the first Venom.

I think the tone and script was exactly what a Venom movie needed to be.

And Venom himself was also well executed. He had an actual personality not just the screeching animal from SM3. And he looked like the comics too.

I'm not sure what people were expecting but the horror-action-comedy mashup was spot on.

45 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So are all major Sony releases gonna be theater exclusives?

Seems like it. Unlike the other major studios, Sony doesn’t really have their own streaming service and there’s been no word on them making any deals for hybrid releases with Netflix or Disney+.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So are all major Sony releases gonna be theater exclusives?

Yes im guessing so. They have Peter Rabbit 2, Escape Room 2, Hotel Transylvania 4, Dont Breathe 2, Venom 2, Ghostbusters Afterlife,  Resident Evil; Racoon City, Spiderman: NWH, Journal for Jordan. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

This will be even bigger since its not facing off against Lady Gaga this time.

No Time to Die and Dune will chop its legs off far more brutally than Lady GaGa. The second weekend drop for Venom 2 isn’t going to be pretty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Why does this look so cheap? The previous movie made over $600M worldwide ffs.

Because it takes directorial talent and experience to use a budget properly and make it all look expensive. Just look at Mortal Kombat. Serkis is probably better than a first-timer, but he's still more of an actor than a director. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • ...wtf 1