Eric Duncan

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

15 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Looks just as bad as the original. Carnage isn't Carnage if he's not violent as hell. 

Carnage could be as violent as hell but the film would still not be good if it was as badly written as "Venom".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I mean, it's not like they haven't toned down Carnage before:

Ultimate Spider-man animated series

Spider-man: 90s Series

Lego Marvel

Video Games

etc

etc

etc

Hell there's Playskool toys of him.

That the problem;Carnage in the comics is a ultra violent gruesome homicidal maniac, but kids Love anything to do with Spidey and you don't want to endanger a good revenue stream by making it "unsuitable for kids".

19 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Looks just as bad as the original. Carnage isn't Carnage if he's not violent as hell. 

Idk, the tongue down the throat of the security guy was pretty gnarly.

11 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Your post just made me realize...is this pg13? With a character like Carnage in it? :lol:

I feel like people way overstate that Carnage can't work without R rating. Like, would it help? Sure. But if he was in a spiderman movie, y'all would not be complaining about it being PG13.

I don't think this is gonna be a legitimate great movie or anything. With the direction they've done and Venom being a silly character, I just don't think you can make an actual good film with him. BUT, I do think this looks like a real improvement on the first film. I think the trailer is pretty good. Harrelson looks good in the role

17 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Your post just made me realize...is this pg13? With a character like Carnage in it? :lol:

Pretty dumb given that Logan and Deadpool have proven you can make money on a comic book movie with an R rating. And they were planning on PG-13 even before the pandemic. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Pretty dumb given that Logan and Deadpool have proven you can make money on a comic book movie with an R rating. And they were planning on PG-13 even before the pandemic. 

Eddie: Venom, I have a question for you.

Venom: What?

Eddie: Why not make some R-rated stuff. I mean, don't you think it's a pity that only PG-13 plots and actions sequences all around us? 

Venom: Because you're a loser and you don't deserve R-rated Venom.

Eddie: Okay, I see.

• Haha 1

55% Venom audience in OW were over 25 as compared to 43% for Homecoming and 47% for FFH. Even under 25, 17-25 will be bulk of remaining 45% for Venom.

Don't think R-rating would have much difference at box office. And now with 3 years of ageing of fanbase, even less.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

On 8/3/2021 at 6:44 AM, eddyxx said:

6 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Guys, Venom and Carnage have always been kids characters. They were in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, they're probably in whatever new Spider-Man cartoon is out. It's okay to like kids movies.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Skipper Eric said:

Guys, Venom and Carnage have always been kids characters. They were in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, they're probably in whatever new Spider-Man cartoon is out. It's okay to like kids movies.

Kids love ANything connected with Spidey, and Sony is not going to surrender that revenue stream.

I think that with the current post-COVID landscape, Disney and Sony partnership for streaming and their partnership in the gaming side with stuff like the Spider-Man exclusive deal, films like Venom 2, Mobius and that still not in active development Kraven film don’t have more room as safe financial bets. I’d be surprised if nothing changes when this film comes and tanks harder than Black Widow and F9.

I know that Sony is dumb, but they aren’t burn money dumb. I’d be surprised if after Venom, their strategy for these Spider-Man villains strategy doesn’t change significantly. If you want to make money, do you make Kraven in the current landscape or you produce a Spider-Gwen or Into Spider-Verse shows with Marvel Studios for Disney+? I’m betting on the latter.

Australia has been phasing into and out of lockdowns at a rapid pace for the past month or so. The Venom 2 delay there is likely because of that.

No, the real meltdown will begin once the Suicide Squad weekend numbers are out. We're most likely getting a new wave of delays next week. The question at this point is, who's going to blink first? Sony? Disney? Universal?

Also, shoutout to Zatt for bringing up the 60th anniversary of Spider-Man as a valid point as to how 2022 might be a better time for No Way Home. I'm glad I'm not alone on that.

• Like 1

from deadline.

In the case of Venom 2, it’s to another destination on the release calendar. First we heard January, then Oct. 15; Sony hasn’t decided I hear what the new date is or whether they’ll continue to stay put on Sept. 24. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1