Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

This is why I always defended the HBO Max release strategy, studios without a viable streaming alternative are starting to panic again. Once again it will be up to WB to continue testing the waters and show other studios when it's safe to release big movies in theaters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This is why I always defended the HBO Max release strategy, studios without a viable streaming alternative are starting to panic again. Once again it will be up to WB to continue testing the waters and show other studios when it's safe to release big movies in theaters.

Actually all eyes are on Free Guy and Shang Chi from Disney.

• Like 2

As I put in another thread yesterday, this move isn't the worst thing in the world and confirms the data that Delta should be on the way out and everything back to normal.  Moving 3 weeks is nothing and is a strong signal of that.  If it had moved months or out to 2022 it would be a totally different story.  

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Vax proof may be required by the time this releases. Shouldn't have delayed it imo

Hey this is a pretty interesting point actually. Business could very well be more dampened by vax passes +covid conditions on Oct 15 than it will be by vax passes+covid conditions on Sep 24 

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

As I put in another thread yesterday, this move isn't the worst thing in the world and confirms the data that Delta should be on the way out and everything back to normal.  Moving 3 weeks is nothing and is a strong signal of that.  If it had moved months or out to 2022 it would be a totally different story.  

Nice copium you got there. Can I have some?

Seriously, these delays always start out small before escalating to huge levels. This virus is unpredictable, people.

• Like 1

I don't think this move is anything to be concerned about re: the delta variant tbh. If it had moved back by months then yes.

On the other hand, September does look pretty weak now outside of Shang-Chi and October is now crazy overstuffed (even if Hotel Transylvania 4 skips theaters as it looks like it might). I agree that Halloween should move to October 1 now to give it a whole month to make as much money in theater as it can.

Moving Hotel Transylvania to the same date as Adams Family was stupid anyway. Moving straight to streaming is as well. HT should've moved to October 15 and Venom should've stayed where it was... or, they could've swapped Morbius and Venom. It's not like Morbius looks like it'll be huge. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

Hey this is a pretty interesting point actually. Business could very well be more dampened by vax passes +covid conditions on Oct 15 than it will be by vax passes+covid conditions on Sep 24 

More of the vaccinated will return to theaters if vax passes become a thing in theaters. 

35 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

More of the vaccinated will return to theaters if vax passes become a thing in theaters. 

Overseas experience suggests it’s still a net negative. Some such people do exist but there’s no reason to expect it will be as large as the people who will stop going as a result.

• Like 1