Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

idk if vulture is reliable but for me until deadline/variety/hr says otherwise i tend not believe it imo IF they indeed do delay it will be after seeing  shang chi bo ...

Vulture is an entertainment reporting arm of New York Magazine.  May not be a Trade, but they're not a C or D list blog, either.

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

Vulture is an entertainment reporting arm of New York Magazine.  May not be a Trade, but they're not a C or D list blog, either.

i see....well i hope that it wont get delayed... also i suspect that it maybe has a kind of old info 6 days ago or so variety had an article when they were talking about box office and covid etc and they said that venom MAY get delayed to 2022 is things are bad at the bo so maybe....Vulture article is about that...

1 minute ago, Lion Roar said:

Even if Shang chi underperforms I doubt they'd move Eternals. Chapek will probably just do simultaneous PA release again.

Eternals 45 day window is up around Christmas. They'll keep it in cinemas and get a new film for the app.

• Like 1

@MrPink brought this up in the Telegram chat and a January release might also be to capitalize on Lunar New Year over in China. Kung Fu Panda 3 did a similar thing back in 2016, though local releases might capsize the film's potential anyways. Still this seems like an understandable decision on Sony's end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So this is indeed getting out of 2021. Ghostbusters is next and finally, No Way Home. Sony can't risk these movies. They are too big to fail.

Would be hilarious if they do this right after throwing shade at other studios for not helping theaters enough.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It always seemed silly that they moved this away from an almost completely dead September to an October that was already packed (unless they really thought one or more of No Time to Die/Halloween/Dune would run away as a result). I'm mainly curious what they would do with Morbius next lol.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It always seemed silly that they moved this away from an almost completely dead September to an October that was already packed (unless they really thought one or more of No Time to Die/Halloween/Dune would run away as a result). I'm mainly curious what they would do with Morbius next lol.

If Morbius gets delayed into oblivion, I wouldn't complain. 

• Like 1