Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

I have been laughing for 30 minutes straight because of that poster. The more you look the better it gets. Woody's face is a treasure.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have to say, I admire Sony's commitment to the bit here to have the most ridiculous, bordering on downright crazy, marketing for a movie that I can remember for a very long time.

It'd be easy to release a goofy trailer or slightly lean into the absurdity here.  But, no, Sony has fully Embraced the Crazy and I am Here. For. It.

Gawd, I hope Sony gets rewarded at the box office, I really really do.  Something that has brought this much joy into folks lives when it comes to marketing really ought to be able to find success at the end of the day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RRA said:

If Shang-Chi has a perceived good OW, will Sony pull the trigger? 

Not sure whether it is too late to rush out the marketing for a release in 2 - 3 weeks.

Does it want domestic release 1 month ahead of the rest of the world (overseas date have all been pushed back)? If dom WoM is bad.. it may spread overseas..