Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Venom was car crash bad, but kinda watchable. When Tom was in the scene the movie was rolling and the rest of the time it was bad. I expect this to do well. Woody should inject some charisma into the movie and they will ham it up.   

Yeah the villainous element with Riz Ahmed in the first movie was truly terrible. I think now that they know what this movie is, I think Woody is gonna be a lot of fun here. 

They need to kick marketing up for this now. There definitely needs to be a TV spot with opening night Football on Thursday. I feel like with all these date changes, general audiences have no idea when this is coming out

2 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

I think it'll be better received than the first one but I don't see it getting to fresh on the tomatometer.

I'm feeling somewhere in the 40% range critics on RT. Would love to be wrong, but idk, Venom is just too stupid of a character to make a legitimately good movie, especially the route Sony had taken with the character.

I think it'll do well with audiences tho like the first one. It looks fun

Eh, I think if you adapted agent venom or went and made a full out horror film with an R rating you could make a good venom film.

But, a lot of times venom was very campy in the comics so these movies fit that.

2 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Eh, I think if you adapted agent venom or went and made a full out horror film with an R rating you could make a good venom film.

But, a lot of times venom was very campy in the comics so these movies fit that.

Oh I agree with that. It could be a really cool horror-esque film. When I heard Tom Hardy was cast in the role I was really excited and thinking it could be something different... But then I saw who was directing and writing that first film and I knew what to expect after that.

I'm saying with the direction they've gone with the character, you can't make a legitimately good film. All you can hope for is that it's fun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

More sexual chemistry there than with Michelle Williams character in Venom.   

Michelle Williams is seriously miscast in the part. She's a terrific actress, but she seems like she has absolutely no idea what she's doing in that first film. Obviously a lot of it comes down to a bad script and a bad director, but I still think she isn't a good fit. Jessica Chastain would've worked a lot better. Her and Tom Hardy worked really well together in Lawless. 

14 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Michelle Williams is seriously miscast in the part. She's a terrific actress, but she seems like she has absolutely no idea what she's doing in that first film. Obviously a lot of it comes down to a bad script and a bad director, but I still think she isn't a good fit. Jessica Chastain would've worked a lot better. Her and Tom Hardy worked really well together in Lawless. 

She is doing it for a pay day and is putting in zero effort. It's a modern Bruce willis esque performance. 

28 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

1) Put her in a short skirt, tight jumper and long boots

2) Tell her to look deadpan and bored and yell at Hardy every once in a while

3) Cut her a monster check

Edited by Ronin46

So... I just realized that Sony already has the October 1 date locked for Don't Breathe 2 in my country. And Bond also being there will likely dissuade Sony from putting Venom 2 there. All the more likely we'll get it on the 24th like originally planned. Or we could just get it a week after the US on the 8th... which apparently has Hotel Transylvania 4 even though it got sold to Amazon which does exist here, so... I have no clue. Maybe they'll just keep Venom 2 on the 15th here, since Sony's distributor here-Warner Bros, believe it or not-has a tentpole release here every week up to the 22nd. Here's our slate for October for those of you who are interested:

https://boxofficeturkiye.com/takvim/2021/ekim

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

2 minutes ago, Clifford41B said:

According to Fandango and AMC the runtime is 1 hour 30 minutes. If this is true it's considerably shorter than the previous one, which clocked at 1 hour 58 minutes.

1 hr 35 according to Cinemark. Yeah, very short for a CBM. It's an interesting choice, hopefully it means that it's a tight and fast-paced film. 

• Like 1