Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

Venom's runtime without credits was 92 minutes. If you don't count the Spiderverse preview, with credits it's 107 minutes.

The 109 minute time makes more sense. It would still be 90+ minutes without credits (likely 95 minutes), but it's better than just altogether 90 minutes (that means it would be anywhere from 78-82 minutes without credits).

Could be worst, this could be Winnie the Pooh all over again. 53 minutes without credits.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

48 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Wow, they're really going to force international audiences to dodge spoilers for two weeks, aren't they? Shame the October 1 date seems to be US-only, but that is where Shang-Chi is making most of its money off of and Bond already took the 1st for itself. Disappointed.

Dodging spoilers is still preferable to it getting utterly steamrolled by Bond. If they moved it to October 1st internationally it wouldn’t have IMAX or the other premium formats too. Weirdly, IMDb does seem to be listing the UK date as October 1st though, so maybe Sony are feeling brave/suicidal (the Sony Pictures UK Twitter banner still says the 15th though, so IMDb is probably wrong).

8 hours ago, CJ Sarandos said:

If the reception is bad this is gonna bomb OS. That is a full 2 weeks for bad WOM to spread.

Should've stuck with that September 24 date.

Could've launched on that date Worldwide.

Now, No Time to Die's UK and international release on October 1 will overshadow Venom's Domestic OW now

Dumbass Sony

Edited by Pinacolada

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If this movie bombs, and Shang-Chi fails to hit $400 million worldwide, do you think Sony will keep Spider-man's release date?

1)shang chi will hit 400 mill ... and will probably finish with 450 mill or so(Maybe more depending on legs) and mind you thats without china..a possible china release date would mean 550-600 mill at least imo...2) venom will release in an enviroment that will be better than that of shang or at the very least not much worse..so if it flops it wont be bc of covid..3) in the end sony has time to decide...if venom underperforms while shang continues to have fantastic holds...then i would say that sony will wait to see eternals or bond before they decide

15 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

Should've stuck with that September 24 date.

Could've launched on that date Worldwide.

Now, No Time to Die's UK and international release on October 1 will overshadow Venom's Domestic OW now

Dumbass Sony

Agreed. Should have stuck with 24th Sep.

I've seen 3 people on Twitter say they're seeing V2 today. I guess there's some sort of screening happening in the UK?

For those who want to see, look up "#VenomLetThereBeCarnage tomorrow" on twitter, go to latest, and scroll down a few tweets"

Edited by Pinacolada

Probably not but social media reactions dropping 2 weeks before it comes out is a pretty good thing I'd say

A comparable case I can think of is the BVS fan screening. Even that was only 3 days before the movie came out. So I'd say this is a fairly good thing

Edited by Pinacolada