Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

15 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/venom-let-there-be-carnage-spoiler-thread-the-future-is-bright.486556/

This is the spoiler thread there if anyone wants to read it. Apparently the OP thinks this one is weaker than the first. I mean if that's the case then wow.

Tbf, that's one person. Every other reaction I've seen so far has had they liked this better than the first

1 hour ago, Fox20 said:

It's the usual over positive fan reaction, it's not even critic reaction, it's super normal.

Besides the "Sony does it again" implies they first one was good lol.

No this review is fake. The dude said literally word for word the same thing about Halloween. Idk what he's doing with the "Natasha" thing. Please ignore this

Just now, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

It's hard to take opinions like this seriously because of "I think could be a major player in the Oscars next year". Or the guy saying Venom 2 is great and then goes on to say "Sony did it again!".

people know that fans search for early reactions around these times and make fake tweets.

It’s a bit of fun.

• Like 1

Guys, the “Natasha” one is obviously a joke about a BW reaction. The “beautiful and heartbreaking” “110%” “Oscars” tweet is also a joke — “one of the best SUMC films to date” should be a dead giveaway. It’s literally the 2nd SUMC film ever.   

If I had to guess based on the wording, that 2nd one could be cribbing from/mocking a SC reaction.

Edited by Legion of the Ten Crores
  • Like 4

I have only found three-four legit reviews, it seems the movie is just okay, it sure is not getting rave reviews. Makes you wonder why Sony didn't even try making the first one okay. 

Also, i wonder if this inspires enough confidence for Sony to lift the embargo earlier.

Edited by Clifford41B

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

All of this! 

Yeah it's unprecedented how hard he carried that movie.

Without him it would have been an absolute train wreck with 0 redeeming qualities that would've starred someone really boring (probably Charlie Hunnam or some shit) who would've played the part completely straightforward.

The first film wasn't THAT far away from a train wreck, but it was at least entertaining SOLELY because of him (and Dr Dan Lewis, who was also pretty fun)

• Like 1

Just now, Pinacolada said:

Without him it would have been an absolute train wreck with 0 redeeming qualities that would've starred someone really boring (probably Charlie Hunnam or some shit) who would've played the part completely straightforward.

The first film wasn't THAT far away from a train wreck, but it was at least entertaining SOLELY because of him (and Dr Dan Lewis, who was also pretty fun)

Wow, now that you mentioned it, it 100% would've been a Charlie Hunnam movie. I can't think of a more Charlie Hunnam movie that he didn't actually star in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinacolada said:

Yep. RDJ elevated mediocre Iron Man into something special and Hardy elevated trainwreck Venom into something entertaining. Right actor in the right role makes a difference. 

• Like 1

Look i don't care about critics and RT and I want to say that I liked the first venom the second time around. But the fact that Sony has lifted the embargo while only showing it to GA and not critics should be more telling of what the studio think off the movie. I mean we had this with BVS as well (which i still loved- UE is great) and Suicide Squad (which was shit no matter how you cut it).