Eric Duncan

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

11 minutes ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

Moderation

Careful guys, you're leaning a little bit too much into spoilers with all your hints. Please be careful and think about what you want to post

At this point it is Sony doing it alone. The TV spot is official, I didn't made it up.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Isn’t that largely why the first movie made as much as it did?

Partly. People do love Venom character and Tom Hardy really sold the previews with his entertaining performance. And WOM was actually great cause the movie was fun. Bad but fun. Easy to recommend. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Ruben Flescher is GOD level compared to Andy Serkis when it comes to directing.

Hard disagree. Fleischer is an idiot

I don't think Serkis is a great director, they should've gotten Travis Knight (he was on the shortlist), but I actually feel like Serkis has it in him to get better.

Fleischer had NO idea what he was doing on that first one, whereas Serkis seems like he is aware of what this movie is and is going to capture the silly tone

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

Hard disagree. Fleischer is an idiot

I don't think Serkis is a great director, they should've gotten Travis Knight (he was on the shortlist), but I actually feel like Serkis has it in him to get better.

Fleischer had NO idea what he was doing on that first one, whereas Serkis seems like he is aware of what this movie is and is going to capture the silly tone

I think Flesicher knew what he wanted to do, it's just that Tom Hardy didn't want to do what Fleischer wanted.

According to Deadline:

What was the last tortured production to rally at the B.O. this fall? Sony’s Venom. That movie was rife with stories about a production shutdown, fights between its director Ruben Fleischer and star Tom Hardy, and down-to-the-wire editing.

And if I had to guess, Fleischer wanted a more grounded, serious movie while Hardy wanted a more comedic, goofy one.

4 hours ago, Clayman said:

I think Flesicher knew what he wanted to do, it's just that Tom Hardy didn't want to do what Fleischer wanted.

According to Deadline:

And if I had to guess, Fleischer wanted a more grounded, serious movie while Hardy wanted a more comedic, goofy one.

Yeah and going "grounded and serious" with Venom 1 would have been a disaster decision considering how awful the script is. 

There are still glimpses of that in the movie. As in, Riz Ahmed's performance. Clearly, he thinks he's acting in a grounded, and "dark" superhero movie, and was most definitely directed as such, and it is easily the worst part of the movie. So bad

Edited by Pinacolada

9 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Partly. People do love Venom character and Tom Hardy really sold the previews with his entertaining performance. And WOM was actually great cause the movie was fun. Bad but fun. Easy to recommend. 

It had great WOM in China and some other countries. USA WOM was mediocre. 

31 minutes ago, Menor said:

It had great WOM in China and some other countries. USA WOM was mediocre. 

Forgive if I'm wrong, but I vaguely remember it over performing by like 20mil above expectations on OW. 

But then again that might been because it was played during every showing of Infinity War.    

14 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Forgive if I'm wrong, but I vaguely remember it over performing by like 20mil above expectations on OW. 

But then again that might been because it was played during every showing of Infinity War.    

It overperformed on OW, yeah, but I don't see what that has to do with WOM. The trailers went viral, that played a bigger role in the opening. Legs were meh for a first movie that wasn't part of an established franchise. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1