Eric Duncan

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Initial social media reactions seem positive enough.  Maybe mid 40s to high 50s over on RT on a pure fresh/rotten scale? (no idea about the x/10)

Positive enough that I'm frankly a little surprised at Sony having the review embargo so late. As long as it stays above the 40 RT line I really can't see reviews deterring folks all that much.

Still, lots of critics are apparently seeing it today (as well as NTTD) so more reactions should be coming in sooner or later.

Don't think this will be thought of as a good film, but a fun film?  Maybe.  If so, no idea what Sony was playing at here with the embargoes. 

Not that many of them, though. Idk. Maybe those who didn't dig it as much are just not even bothering to tweet? It does seem like it won't have any worse reception than the first one at least. The embargo decision is just odd in that case. I don't think anyone expected this to get good reviews, but having reviews of any kind out there helps build buzz to an extent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Audio from the post-credit scene already leaked anyway.

That, and CJohn's comments, are when presales ramped up and went through the roof...I think I had a comment a few weeks ago about how to send Venom presales to the stratosphere, and it is happening...

It means December could have an epic open:)...