Eric Atreides

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

yeah probably there's only going to be like 1-2 minutes of gayness in the eternals if even that. probably gonna be easy enough to slice out for china. they're not making moonlight here. i'm guessing a character will say that they're gay and do no gay shit.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

yeah probably there's only going to be like 1-2 minutes of gayness in the eternals if even that. probably gonna be easy enough to slice out for china. they're not making moonlight here. i'm guessing a character will say that they're gay and do no gay shit.

Even with a Chinese release, Eternals isn't gonna do as much as V2

I ve watched some covers of comics and statues of Venom and graphicaly , the concept of Venom allows to do absolutely fantastic things visually.

Sadly, it didn't translate well on screen since most Venom scenes were at night and even in daylight scenes something was missing.

The press tour for the first film was so fucking glorious tho, between Michelle Williams admitting she did Venom to pay  college for her kid, Hardy saying most of the great and crazy stuff was cut and the freaking director apologizing to the fans in advance.

Sweet lord yeezus, never seen that before, the three big stars of your movie throw said movie under the bus.

Legendary.

WHo cares tho, Venom 2 will do 500m+ in CHina carrying it easity to one billie.

And Venom 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 ...

Edited by The Futurist

On 8/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, Avatree said:

I thought Netflix has greenlit Andy's Animal Farm. Why isn't he going full steam ahead on that, why on earth would he be interested in the sequel to VENOM.

Netflix cut back funding for all their film content after some of their big budget films flopped and I’m guessing Venom 2 is Andy’s way of putting something on his directing resume to help get Animal Farm off the ground.

18 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

I want to like this news based on his talent as an actor, but I have no idea how good he is with directing. What shows/movies has he directed, and were they good?!🤔

Directing[edit]

Serkis has served as the second unit director for The Hobbit films and made his directorial debut with Breathe. He also directed the film, Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle.[33]

• Thanks 1

I think the fair comment might be, after reading summaries of reception on both Wikipedia links is "still learning his craft".  I also think it's fair to say he has a decent amount of potential as a director and he if he finds his voice/style he might be a good one.  Might being the key word here.

But he's not a blockbuster hire.  Yet.

Probably the best thing to say here is how familiar he is with motion capture work and how he can help with that aspect of filming.  His work on Breathe does seem to show that he has the ability to tell a good enough story as well.  And there were more than enough production troubles going on Mowgli that who the hell knows what went down (I haven't looked into it).

So I suppose good enough of a hire.  Will certainly help frame the view of Serkis as a director, one way or the other.  At least when it comes to CGI heavy big budget flicks.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CJohn said:

Fully expecting a drop into the 500Ms WW.

VENOMMMMMMMM!!!!

13 hours ago, TMP said:

Is this really still coming out 2020?? This could be the highest grossing funnybook film of that year then. 

THINKIN ITS GO GET'EM

13 hours ago, TMP said:

Is it though? China ❤️ Venom, good WoM probably gonna help the sequel

THEY AINT GO KNOW HIT' EEMMMMM!!!

12 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Lol thats pretty rich by Disney standards.

They'll just make the safest PC stuff

13 hours ago, Avatree said:

i dunno, man. Venom is pretty out there. pretty quirky.

Venom 2018 is actually an analogy of the symbiote relationship that is Amy Pascal and Sony Spider-Man movie IP.

Sony Spider-Man IP just like Brock is at rock bottom until they meet this bumbling yet pushy entity.

Together they fight off Kevin Feige Riot's attempt who is clearly bound on taking away everything they love in his bid to invade Earth/Sony.

Edited by NamakFiskKa

On 8/5/2019 at 5:41 PM, Avatree said:

they don't need to, given that they had more success with Venom than most of Marvel's new entries.

MOST???

Venom (2018):  $213m Dom ; $856m WW

Black Panther(2017): $700m DOM ; $1.3b WW

Captain Marvel(2019): $426m DOM ; $1.1b WW

Those are really the only 2 "new entries", other entries are the 2 Avengers films. You surely don't mean those.

It did better than Ant-Man & Wasp...worldwide but 1 film is not "MOST". The WW difference for Thor Ragnarok is a mere $3m and it blasted Venom in the vs Domestic category.

You're off base. Look Venom did well but your statement is inaccurate.

50 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

MOST???

Venom (2018):  $213m Dom ; $856m WW

Black Panther(2017): $700m DOM ; $1.3b WW

Captain Marvel(2019): $426m DOM ; $1.1b WW

Those are really the only 2 "new entries", other entries are the 2 Avengers films. You surely don't mean those.

Venom bled plenty of black ink, enough to match his costume. A profit of $246.9M bests the $200.1M profit on 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming by 23%, and that’s largely because Venom cost less in combined production and worldwide P&A costs ($227M) than the wall crawler (Spider-Man: Homecoming‘s costs were $332M).

And I know they're gonna hate

Thor: Ragnarok reaped more in profit than Thor: Dark World, $174.2M to $139.4M.

But I don't care, I barely can wait

Marvel involved: Spider-Man: Homecoming generated $200.1M in profit

To hit 'em with the snare and the bass

Captain America: Civil War‘s domestic box office performance was frontloaded, as the film grossed 40% on opening weekend in early May. But that gross was an outstanding $179 million. the numbers are superheroic. Marvel’s Disney earned a net profit of $193 million, for a Cash on Cash Return of 1.31.

Despite making more money at the box office than the first GOTG, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 generates a slightly smaller profit at $154.7M than its first chapter’s $204.2M.

Because they're gonna taste my— :Venom::Venom:

Technically the truth 

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

A-What is a "new entry", that was part of my question.

B-Is profit what  Avatree meant? Very typically as this is a Box Office site, BO is what is compared.

C-Truthfully Venom was successful but if one thinks Sony isn't interested to get extra legitamcy for Venom by making it MCU fringe noteworthy because of Venom BO, or profit, take you're fooling yourself. Note: that was stated.