AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

U-eXuzjf.jpeg

One of the cool things Sohn mentioned that hasn't been advertised yet is that

dinosaurs aren't the only animals who have evolved differently in this story. There's going to be other "strange" creatures that are based on real animals but don't exist in our world, kind of like the ones in Avatar

Edited by tribefan695

I hope this is good.

I wonder about its box office prospects...I hear it's a bit more serious than other Pixar movies.

Not that is a sleight against its quality...but may hurt its repeatability at the box office.

Edited by kowhite

Three words: Walking with Dinosaurs.

this is a PIXAR original flick. Even if its as "badly received" as cars or brave it will break out big. But if it has typical STRONG Pixar original reviews then potential is that much bigger. I dont think there are that many family fares and it has open run till SW7 anyway. I can see this beat IO .

But assuming brave level of reviews I would say 90m(5-days) and 270m domestic and 900m WW( dino pixar flick has bigger potential OS).

I hope this is good.

I wonder about its box office prospects...I hear it's a bit more serious than other Pixar movies.

Not that is a sleight against its quality...but may hurt its repeatability at the box office.

What do you mean by more serious? I don't typically think of Pixar flicks as silly lighthearted affairs Edited by Ethan Hunt

What do you mean by more serious? I don't typically think of Pixar flicks as silly lighthearted affairs

Maybe he mean more serious in ''Pixar standards''. Like if TGD will be Pixars own Princess Mononoke. TGD will get a decent OW about 70-90 thanks to the goodwill of JW and IO indeed. But if this will be another ''Pixar failure'' like Brave. The WOM will collapse and SW7 will hurt it even more then aswell.

My predictions so far:

If TGD will be great as usual Pixar standards: DOM 270m-320m OS 500m WW 770m-820m

If TGD will be ''Pixar bad'' as Brave/Cars: DOM 200-220 OS 250-300 WW 450m-520m

Edited by SwedishFailurez

This will be ok by virtue of being a Pixar film, how ok is the question. When people were talking about this being serious a film that came to mind for me was Life of Pi. Maybe that's kind of what they're going for with Spot being the Richard Parker and without the really depressing framing device. It has a lot of connections now that I think about it. Asian American director, Mychael Danna composing, and they even used the music in the teaser

• Like 1

This will be ok by virtue of being a Pixar film, how ok is the question.When people were talking about this being serious a film that came to mind for me was Life of Pi. Maybe that's kind of what they're going for with Spot being the Richard Parker and without the really depressing framing device. It has a lot of connections now that I think about it. Asian American director, Mychael Danna composing, and they even used the music in the teaser

I hope to.god that this is better than LoP, such a snoozefest that one is

This will be ok by virtue of being a Pixar film, how ok is the question. When people were talking about this being serious a film that came to mind for me was Life of Pi. Maybe that's kind of what they're going for with Spot being the Richard Parker and without the really depressing framing device. It has a lot of connections now that I think about it. Asian American director, Mychael Danna composing, and they even used the music in the teaser

An insider said it would be like a John Ford film, so there will probably be a hefty amount of exciting action and character moments to go along with the epicness, but still bold and probably tearful. This could translate to global audiences as much as Minions did if possible. 

If Sohn will get all of that right and make it unique in its own right, this will be really good. Life of Pi is one of the better films in 2012 in my opinion, so I hope the soundtrack will be great aswell. There is still an issue Im worrying about...

This flicks synopsis make it sound this will be very similar to Land Before Time. If so thats will hurt the flicks alot, but we still doesn't know that will be facts until the flicks release. Thats just a theory.

Edited by SwedishFailurez

Lol the real article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/07/05/sneak-peek-sanjays-super-team-pixar-good-dinosaur/29592193/

Love Patel's aesthetics. 

635713955783415129-XXX-SANJAYS-SUPER-TEA

The more I read about this short, the more convinced I am that it could have made for a great full length. There is so much going on in terms of themes, visuals and concepts. And it is so different from the usual studio animation fare.

Exactly my thoughts! I wonder why not make this as a full feature? Loks awesome!!

• Like 1