AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

So guys I don't want to be spoiled because I'm going to watch it this weekend but please tell me why it's only at 80% on RT? While its not bad at all it's not IO so can you tell what are some of the things reviewers hated and what they liked (without spoilers) :)

It has done critically better than Monsters University and Cars, those are in the 70s, this one will likely either end up in the high-70s to mid 80s.

Tribe, you seem to really love the movie so don't let the critics bother you. All that matters is if you really like it.

True. But it's better when others share your enthusiasm

• Like 1

Lol, this sounds like a fresh review:

user.none.tmb.jpg

Matthew Lickona 
San Diego Reader

November 25, 2015
If the story sounds simple, that's because it is. The complexity here is tonal - zig-zagging from silly to scary - and visual: a super-realistic depiction of nature... contrasted with the foam-rubber, glass-eyed vulnerability of our hero.
Full Review | Original Score: 2/5
  • Like 1

Off topic,

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/olga-kurylenko-morgan-freeman-thriller-momentum-163051260.html

Olga Kurylenko, Morgan Freeman Thriller 'Momentum' Opens to Just $69 in the U.K.

While Lionsgate may well be disappointed that its final Hunger Games installment didn’t quite hit the levels set by its predecessors in its opening weekend, spare a thought for the team behind action-thriller Momentum.

The South Africa-shot film, with an estimated $20 million production budget and starring Morgan Freeman and Olga Kurylenko, didn’t just stumble at the U.K box office, but seemingly tripped up on a towel in the changing room and failed to make it to the starting line, taking a measly £46 ($69) in its debut.

57 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It has done critically better than Monsters University and Cars, those are in the 70s, this one will likely either end up in the high-70s to mid 80s.

Tribe, you seem to really love the movie so don't let the critics bother you. All that matters is if you really like it.

the average rating, what really matters in that score system, is Pixar's second lowest and the score percentage is already down to 79%. MU and Brave scored 78%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

the average rating, what really matters in that score system, is Pixar's second lowest and the score percentage is already down to 79%. MU and Brave scored 78%.

You have to pardon me a bit. I don't particularly pay attention to the score system on RT, I just care about what the tomato is :P

Only really use the site to glance at the reviews to get an idea of how some of the movies I see turn out

Edited by Yandereprime101189

12 hours ago, Goffe said:

OMG, the Shay was right for his doom and gloom, I can't believe this.

Seriously though, if this movie keeps falling and you people keep dissing it, the Shay Knight may suddenly become its biggest fan and protector. ;) Especially if it really looks that good.

I saw this earlier today. Luckily, I brought my handkerchief.

Having known the 'troubled' production and having seen the RT scores and reviews, I went to this movie with somewhat low expectations. However, this movie did something to me no Pixar film has ever done: CRY. lol

The scene between Arlo and Spot in the film's last few minutes was the one to blame. For someone who doesn't have parents anymore the connection I made with this one was just strong. And I think, more than anything else, that is what movies are for, making connections to your audience whatever their ages are. That scene despite the lack of dialogue was just so affecting and moving. I felt everything just by watching the characters' body gestures and by looking at their eyes. In a sea of kids, there I was behaving like a crybaby.

The funny thing is, the cinema where I watched this had a problem with its electricity supply. The movie suddenly stopped right after the scene that made me cry. We were told that the power had fluctuated and were asked to wait for a few minutes while they fix everything. Then it started playing again, a few scenes before the one that made me emotional, and that means I had to go through it again. I was like, are you kidding me? lol

This movie has been described as uneven, inconsistent, predictable, derivative. But despite these complaints, it was its heart and my having connections with it that made me love this more than INSIDE OUT.

And yes, this movie's visuals are the best I have ever seen in any computer animated movie. The landscapes and water environments were stunning. Some creatures were bizarre and some where familiar, and they all added to the beauty of the film. I also wondered if it could be nominated for an Oscar for vfx? Is that possible?

Also, though I have seen them many times, I still loved the man (dino) vs man (dino), man vs nature and man vs self concepts. There were good lines too especially from Arlo's father and Butch, the father T-Rex.

I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I did.

09 | 10

Edit: Let me just add, the music was great too.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

Is there a way you can see Avarage Ratings on Rotten Tomatoes from phone? My computer broken at the moments and I am not getting it back for weeks. Or could someone tell me what the Avarage Rating for this is?

I always hated the mobile version for that. 

Right now, the average rating is 6.6.

Or you can download an app called "Desktop Browser", it allows you to see websites in their desktop version.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I always hated the mobile version for that. 

Right now, the average rating is 6.6.

Or you can download an app called "Desktop Browser", it allows you to see websites in their desktop version.

That app is not available in my country, I tried before. It used to be that you could click to get the desktop version but the websites seem to always trying to make their mobile sites worse so we would get the apps.

• Like 1

Is it just me or is Shay getting very obnoxious with his Pixar-hatred? Doesn't anyone here getting a bit annoyed by him?

Sometimes he refers himself as "The Shay".....like he really wants to look for attention. And yeah....i know he will just reply here any second now...but....i don't find him funny. He's annoying as fuck! Doesn't anyone notice him?