AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Am I the one who thinks the dinos' reaction to the asteroid wasn't intended to be a joke? Seemed like a natural "What was that?" response emphasizing the fact that it's been rendered innocuous. We'd react the same way to a passing jet plane

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

It was a joke. Grazing animals in Africa don't react like that.
I find that hard to believe, but even if that were true these are dinosaurs, we can't be sure. Given the tone of the rest of the trailer I'd prefer to see the scene as sincere, especially since it fades right into the epic sizzle reel Edited by tribefan695

I find that hard to believe, but even if that were true these are dinosaurs, we can't be sure. Given the tone of the rest of the trailer I'd prefer to see the scene as sincere, especially since it fades right into the epic sizzle reel

Mammals are more intelligent than reptiles, including dinosaurs. I could be wrong of course but I can't believe a group of animals will react like that if an asteroid or comet passes Earth.

I find the scene funny, another reason why I think it is a deliberate joke.

• Like 1

Was hoping it be modern setting-well should be good still.

And I guess I'm showing my age-but I didn't think Brother Bear was that great and really didn't know anyone who liked it.

• Like 1

I love Brother Bear and I acknowledge that no one else does.

Well its one of those cases it seems where one gen loves it but the previous does not (like during mine older people didn't like The Goonies, Ninja Turtles, ect. Though I was never a NT fan and I kind of find Goonies overrated)

• Like 1

Well its one of those cases it seems where one gen loves it but the previous does not (like during mine older people didn't like The Goonies, Ninja Turtles, ect. Though I was never a NT fan and I kind of find Goonies overrated)

It's more like...one gen loves it...the other gens go...Brother what? Never saw it.

• Like 1

It's more like...one gen loves it...the other gens go...Brother what? Never saw it.

Yeah its like the time someone was complaining how bad kids films were now and then said "I loved films like Little Vampire and Cats and Dogs" I was going "You lost me there bud"

• Like 1

I feel like I've really overpredicted Inside Out. It's hard to judge the hype for IO here as the movie releases in anothrt two months.

Animal flick will have a much easier time. I might join your club.

Yeah its like the time someone was complaining how bad kids films were now and then said "I loved films like Little Vampire and Cats and Dogs" I was going "You lost me there bud"

I blame you.

I watched the Little Vampire trailer.

:(

Anyway back on topic-not sure what to predict. It could of been more interesting had the dinos been in a different time period for once but that's another story. Though Pixar teasers have sometimes not been that great (Ratatoullie was kind of a what the heck is this for example, Up was nothing but Carl's house going in the air, Incredibles while loved now and I enjoyed it was kind of made fun of at the time even)

When we see the more comical trailers though I am sure more interest will come.

• Like 1

There are worse kids movies than Cats and Dogs, but certainly a lot of them were in the 90s.