AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I blame you.

I watched the Little Vampire trailer.

:(

I saw the trailer at some PG-13 film in Summer 2000 and was going "The heck is this?"

(I thought Potter was a little kids film which is why I avoided watching those for years)

It's more like...one gen loves it...the other gens go...Brother what? Never saw it.

Yeah, the early 2000s Disney stuff gets shoved to the side as it was the end of the "renaissance", but for many of us that's our childhood. I was 7 when Brother Bear came out, and I loved it. I have a real fondness for bears, the salmon run etc. so it holds a place in my heart.

Anyway back on topic-not sure what to predict. It could of been more interesting had the dinos been in a different time period for once but that's another story. Though Pixar teasers have sometimes not been that great (Ratatoullie was kind of a what the heck is this for example, Up was nothing but Carl's house going in the air, Incredibles while loved now and I enjoyed it was kind of made fun of at the time even)

When we see the more comical trailers though I am sure more interest will come.

I hope we don't see more comical trailers, or at least they have humor that is incidental rather than the point. I really don't want another tonally confused marketing campaign like Brave's.

Yeah, the early 2000s Disney stuff gets shoved to the side as it was the end of the "renaissance", but for many of us that's our childhood. I was 7 when Brother Bear came out, and I loved it. I have a real fondness for bears, the salmon run etc. so it holds a place in my heart.

Lilo and Stitch is excellent, I'll give you that.

Otherwise...shit, I'm not young any more you fucking baby. :(

Put another way, I don't want to see the trailers pausing the music for a punchline. I think that's a big reason I feel Pixar's succeeded in marketing Inside Out, as they're letting the setups and gags speak for themselves rather than begging people to laugh at them.

Lilo and Stitch is excellent, I'll give you that.

Otherwise...shit, I'm not young any more you fucking baby. :(

haha well I am young. And yea, Lilo & Stitch is miles better than the others. It might be my favourite Disney animation ever.

Put another way, I don't want to see the trailers pausing the music for a punchline.

You mean when the astroid flies over the dinosaurs? Seemed perfectly in line with setting up the 'what if' premise. Not adding anything that wasn't probably in the moment.

This has great potential. Curious to see what route the story takes. Only caveat right now is that it could seem whatever after Jurassic World but I think it'll look different enough and better.

• Like 2

You mean when the astroid flies over the dinosaurs? Seemed perfectly in line with setting up the 'what if' premise. Not adding anything that wasn't probably in the moment.

No, but I don't want to get into another debate over whether that was actually a joke or not.

Basically, they've already set this up as having a dramatic tone. They need to be consistent. Some one-liners in future trailers are okay but I really don't want them to decide to market this as a gag-fest, since judging by the synopsis it's probably not going to be.

Edited by tribefan695

The original version of this movie was intended to be a lot funnier, and that footage is from that.

You mean where the asteroid misses? Or all of the trailer? I thought they like completely overhauled the story or something.