AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Why do you care tribe fan?

The movie bloggers are all hacks. Cum over Marvel and Nolan and Star Wars. Predictable.

To be fair, they can be pretty vitriolic towards those properties too. It's the apparent cognitive dissonance between a fervent demand for "originality" and the nitpicking of said originality when they get it that really bugs me. People get so mad at Pixar for doing sequels but they don't show any appreciation for when Pixar actually does try something new. I'd hope with their reputation people would be more willing to assume good faith regarding any reservations they may have.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

I hear it's quite emotional.

Like...this might not have the legs as other Pixar cause it's not quite as funny type of drama.

Yeah, probably gonna be like Wall-E. Not that Wall-E was a tear-jerker but the kind of movie that concentrates more on emotional attachments and relevant themes of yada-yada. lol

• Like 1

Yeah, probably gonna be like Wall-E. Not that Wall-E was a tear-jerker but the kind of movie that concentrates more on emotional attachments and relevant themes of yada-yada. lol

You know your Pixar movies.

Agreed. Yada-yada.

• Like 1

Wow. Visually beautiful trailer, and I'm sure that this movie is going to be great. I have a feeling that I'm going to fall in love with these characters!

That being said, it's not the type of trailer that I can watch over and over again as a trailer specifically, such as the Kingsman red band trailer for example.

• Like 1

Wow. Visually beautiful trailer, and I'm sure that this movie is going to be great. I have a feeling that I'm going to fall in love with these characters!

That being said, it's not the type of trailer that I can watch over and over again as a trailer specifically, such as the Kingsman red band trailer for example.

I hear this movie is good.

I also hear...your not the type of movie I'm going to re watch over and over...is an apt description.

I'm guessing,,,,it'll be miles better. And I liked croods.

eh, im not that big on Pixar. It might technically be a better movie in the eye of critics, but I doubt it will be as fun ( which IMO makes a movie better). I loved the mother-in-law jokes in Croods, film kept me laughing from the beginning to the end.

45 minutes until we get five pages of pointless negative judgement since the main consensus here is that Pixar doesn't make good trailers anyways and yet always end up being successful!  :P

Yup, called it.

To be fair, they can be pretty vitriolic towards those properties too. It's the apparent cognitive dissonance between a fervent demand for "originality" and the nitpicking of said originality when they get it that really bugs me. People get so mad at Pixar for doing sequels but they don't show any appreciation for when Pixar actually does try something new. I'd hope with their reputation people would be more willing to assume good faith regarding any reservations they may have.

Hilariously it's those same exact people who were shitting all over Inside Out for months and months and months and then it came out and they declared it a masterpiece.

Unlike IO, I'm not immediately at ease with what this will be. It looks good, and people have admired the animation in the very short clips... but otherwise Pixar has been very closed doors with this project since almost the beginning. All the information about the early version have basically just somehow slipped through the cracks via people kicked off the project. Almost everything else is very vague. Unlike Inside Out where Pete and Jonas basically just kept showering clips of the film during various film festivals to build up interest. Even when the October main teaser was released, as long as you had been paying attention to film and animation blogs, you already knew a great deal about it.

Now, this doesn't automatically mean TGD is bad. Yet I am saying that currently there's not enough out there to really give myself accurate expectations. Even a friend of mine who is a HUGE Pixar fan has said, "Wow this looks really beautiful and dialogue-free so I really hope it ends up also being a great movie." That also factors in to how it will do with audiences. TGD could benefit worldwide due to its visual storytelling as opposed to dialogue (IO may be struggling a bit due to just how American the movie is, however it of course hasn't really hit the truly big markets yet so time will tell)... but domestically? It really depends if this is a great movie, and how well Peanuts performs. TGD also has Mockingjay 2, Star Wars and an overcrowded Christmas to deal with, so this one is hard to predict at the current moment.

Yet if it turns out to be just as good as Inside Out... this will be a slam dunk. Pixar could possibly have 3 $300-million-plus grossers in a row that will all debut within one year of each other. Holy crap, that's gotta be a record.

I'm sure some will be annoyed by the music, but fuck all, OMAM works like a charm. They're like the new go to for inspirational folk pop now that everyone's gotten tired of Sigur Ros

I still like Sigur Ros :ph34r:

I prefer Jonsi though. (Thank you HTTYD).

Edited by OmegaSupreme

I like the concept but was a bit underwhelmed. The difference in rendering between the characters and the backgrounds (breathtaking!) was distracting. Glad the kid is very young and the movie is set in a different era, else it would have reminded folks of dragons and humans in HTTYD.