Eric Atreides

Jan 11-13 Weekend Thread l Upside 19.6M, Aquaman 17.3M, Dog 11.3M, ITSV 9M. Aquaman crosses 1 BILLION DOLLARS WW. Win Gold accounts - link in first post.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

55% drop is still pretty bad compared to the other holdovers this weekend.

It's not embarrassing like that 63% drop was tho. Can't see a final greater than $175m tbh, with LEGO looking to destroy its LEGs

43 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Kidmannaissance (since Big Little Lies)

It's a stretch to say Kidman "stars" in either of those films, she's barely in both movies and its not being sold on her name. Destroyer is where she is actually top billed, so let's see if that actually does well when it goes wide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

It's a stretch to say Kidman "stars" in either of those films, she's barely in both movies and its not being sold on her name. Destroyer is where she is actually top billed, so let's see if that actually does well when it goes wide.

Kidman's fight scene in AQM added 100 million to its box office. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

Yea Aquaman is sold on Aquaman and The Upside is sold on Kevin Hart power. Kidman just lucky to be in both films.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

To anyone who’s seen OTBOS, should I go out of my way to see it today, or is it something I can wait for a more convenient day to see? 

Do not go out of your way to see it. It's not a bad movie, but sometimes when you're making something like a biopic, you have to make a choice between staying  historically accurate and sprucing it up with some Hollywood excitement. They chose not to add any excitement. And that's perfectly fine. Sometimes a movie about a great person doesn't necessarily have a great story.

It has a pleasing ending, and I googled a few things about her life that I was pleased to find out were true afterwards, but there's a reason this movie isn't listed in award conversations. It's fair to good at best. I'm not saying don't see it, but I would say don't go out of your way to see it. Other options may be better.

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

@a2k how would you interpolate MPR/Aquaman's final estimates on where their final gross will end up

I think Hobbit1 and Django legs give a good range for AQM. Hobbit1 added a bit over 2.7x this weekend while Django added a little under 3.4x more. Gives about 45-60 to AQM for 333-348 dom.

MPR has a much lower PTA and should leave theatres quicker I think. 2.5-3.0x more gives it 18-22 more for 169-173 dom.

PTAs for 100m+ dom Dec releases,

AQM 4,469 (only behind Upside for wide releases)

ITSV 2,971

MPR 2,218

BB 2,051

Mule 1,666

• Like 2