Eric Atreides

Jan 11-13 Weekend Thread l Upside 19.6M, Aquaman 17.3M, Dog 11.3M, ITSV 9M. Aquaman crosses 1 BILLION DOLLARS WW. Win Gold accounts - link in first post.

56 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just back from seeing The Favourite.

Not a fan. Colman was good, but should be in the supporting category.

Emma Stone and Rachel shouldn’t be nominated, at all. 

Emma Stone is great in this movie, the highlight imo. I'm honestly surprised at how good she is. Colman is good too but I don't think she gives a major award-winning performance and positioning her as the lead is questionable as well. Frankly, I think Viola Davis and Toni Collette are more deserving of the love Colman is getting. 

50 minutes ago, kitik said:

That's a bit more than I was expecting a few weeks ago. Is there still a path for Bumblebee to hit 500?

Even if not, it's clearly done well enough to justify continuing down this new path.

It'll be interesting to hear about what TF movie they start working on next. I'd be happy with either a straight up Bumblebee sequel (it has to include Charlie though) or that animated Cybertron movie.

I think it's looking at 475 ww with 125 dom + 150 China (106 currently) + 200 OS-China (150 currently)

Theatrical returns could be around, 125*0.55 + 44 minimum guarantee China^ + 200*0.4 = 192.75, great looking at it's prod budget.

^Part of 59m Tencent deal : 44m boxoffice sharing + 15m for exclusive streaming

Edited by a2k

Aquaman running total is now almost 5M ahead of Suicide Squad with 50% higher dailies. Both of them don't have summer weekdays and both have a 4 day weekend next weekend. Suicide Squad made another 42M from this point, Aquaman could potentially do another 55-60M since the competition from Glass will be blunted by the MLK weekend cushion and the next releases of any magnitude are still 3 weeks away.

• Thanks 1

The Upside wins the weekend. $50 million or so total is likely. 

Aquaman passing a billion is great! Should  make DC very happy after Justice League was considered a crumbled dud. Although it wasn’t a bad performer just was hit by Thor 3, and BVS being mixed. 

Dogs Way Home... should make money back. But it exists. It won’t be like A Dog’s Purpose level but ok. 

Holdovers are average.

on the sports spectrum: sucks to see Indianapolis out of the NFL, and I hope the patriots lose today but probably not... but this isn’t the sports thread. 

22 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Is this movie getting a U.S. release?

It opens on Wednesday.

Some theaters have booked it as a 1 or 2 (or 3) showings per night event, while other theaters are showing it 5 times a day for a full week.

It's going to make an impact at the box office for sure. At a few theaters it's even taking some large premium format screens for a day and a half before Glass opens.

It will almost certainly be the #1 movie on Wednesday.

• Thanks 1