Eric Duncan

Jan 11-13 Weekend Thread l Upside 19.6M, Aquaman 17.3M, Dog 11.3M, ITSV 9M. Aquaman crosses 1 BILLION DOLLARS WW. Win Gold accounts - link in first post.

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

You guys know they are going to tap Malek for a comic book movie, the question just remains is which one?

yep, that's a done deal. most likely MCU grabs him. RDJ tweeted himself with Rami recently so they are already working on him. :Venom:

1 hour ago, a2k said:

4th weekends and legs

BVS 9.0m, added 19.0m (2.1x more)

SS 12.2m, added 42.0m (3.4x more)

WONDR and MOS had summer weekdays while JL had Dec holidays coming up in the late run so not using them. For SS the summer weekdays ended after the 4th weekend.

BVS legs give AQM 2.1*17.3 + 287.9 = 324.2 dom

SS legs give it 3.4*17.3 + 287.9 = 346.7 dom

BVS had horrid legs and with MLK coming up even worse case for AQM will be better than that. SS can be considered the best-case scenario I guess as it had a great late run.

SS had labor day weekend which helps out almost all films in terms of legs. I'd say around $335M for AQM. 

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sony with 3 of the top 5 spots this week. Remember when they were a FLOP studio? @CJohn

Deep down we know they are still a FLOP studio. Lets look at the evidences:

1. A Dog's Way Home opened with 11.3M, Universal carried the same movie with controversy added in to 18.2M OW;

2. Spider-Man lol, do I need to say anything more? They are working with Marvel now, Feige gets all the credit here, if it wasn't for him probably Sony wouldn't even own the rights anymore;

3. Visionary Adam Robitel was probably tricked into signing with Sony before The Last Key opened last year, they were just lucky to have him on board before that exploded, I am sure Universal/Blumhouse already locked him for a 5 picture deal after his back to back horror hits.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, sfran43 said:

A big congrats as #Aquaman joins #BlackPanther in becoming only the 2nd superhero movie to gross over $1B with its 1st installment in its series. It took both Iron Man and Captain America to reach that milestone on their 3rd installments. And the 2nd for Nolan's Batman series!

Captain America also needed the Avengers and Spider-Man/Black Panthers debuts to reach that milestone. So I'd say his is less impressive than the other 4. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Emma Stone is great in this movie, the highlight imo. I'm honestly surprised at how good she is. Colman is good too but I don't think she gives a major award-winning performance and positioning her as the lead is questionable as well. Frankly, I think Viola Davis and Toni Collette are more deserving of the love Colman is getting. 

I really thought Emma was miscast. 

I absolutely agree about Toni Collette though!

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Deep down we know they are still a FLOP studio. Lets look at the evidences:

1. A Dog's Way Home opened with 11.3M, Universal carried the same movie with controversy added in to 18.2M OW;

2. Spider-Man lol, do I need to say anything more? They are working with Marvel now, Feige gets all the credit here, if it wasn't for him probably Sony wouldn't even own the rights anymore;

3. Visionary Adam Robitel was probably tricked into signing with Sony before The Last Key opened last year, they were just lucky to have him on board before that exploded, I am sure Universal/Blumhouse already locked him for a 5 picture deal after his back to back horror hits.

That’s our CJohn. :wub:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Comparing B&W art films, COLD WAR is much better than the unwatchable snoozefest ROMA. 

Things actually...happen in CW. 

Loved it. Beautifully directed. It's one of those films where people do really stupid things because they're crazily in love, but I'm sucker for those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Gato said:

Captain America also needed the Avengers and Spider-Man/Black Panthers debuts to reach that milestone. So I'd say his is less impressive than the other 4. 

Civil War was a Captain America film in name only. Basically, Aquaman has beaten every MCU entry bar Iron Man 3, Black Panther and the Avengers flicks. That's an incredible achievement.

• Astonished 1