Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Paramount Pictures’ Mission: Impossible 7 production had been situated at Warner Bros Studios Leavesden in December before a break for the holiday. A scheduled return to Longcross this month was put on hold when the UK imposed another lockdown. The Tom Cruise action thriller is currently shooting in Dubai and the studio plans for the production to return to the UK.

Hollywood stays on track with UK shoots despite tighter Covid quarantine rules | News | Screen (screendaily.com)

I hope not, but i feel this could be a mess. I know it's somehow standard, but they moved to a new location and then back and then another place. I hope McQ has all this planned out, but all this moving around not in order.. must be hard to get the story right

20 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I hope not, but i feel this could be a mess. I know it's somehow standard, but they moved to a new location and then back and then another place. I hope McQ has all this planned out, but all this moving around not in order.. must be hard to get the story right

Films and TV shows are very rarely filmed in order of the story, sometimes the last shot of the film could be filmed on the first day of filming. I imagine they’ll just film as much of the Dubai stuff as they can before heading back to the UK to finish it up. It’s not a problem and definitely won’t result in the final film being a mess.

Given how McQ tends to work based on the behind the scenes stuff of Fallout, the extra time could even result in a better final result as he’s had more time to work on the UK centric parts of the script.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Maggie said:

The costume designer for this ( Jill Taylor) says they're probably gonna finish work on this in the beginning of June. I wonder if it's just the first movie. She's credited on Imdb just for MI7.  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852587/

Here's her Instagram  https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1-L8tBi-U/

I wouldn't be surprised if it is just MI7. Cruise was supposed to do his space film in October and that mission's now been pushed back (with Liman and Cruise forfeiting their seats for now).

20 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Such bullshit. like crew can leave whenever they want.

Anyway, they are still in Abu Dhabi

Edited by Maggie

On 2/13/2021 at 1:47 AM, Ryan Reynolds said:

This was flat out denied and called out as false information earlier today by the way. The Daily Mail is a joke. It’s so weird how they’ve got it out for this film though, it’s like they’ve only just realised this franchise exists with the 7th instalment...

• Like 1

I'm surprised it's this getting the "Paramount+ after 45 days" treatment and not Top Gun 2 when the latter is currently set to open over 4 months before this (and has already released a bunch of promotional material, unlike this). Cruise must have one heck of a contract for that movie.