Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Just now, dudalb said:

It's official: Hayley Atwell will be in MI 7.

Which is good, more Hayley Atwell is always a good thing.

Now the question is will she be member of the MI force or one of the baddies?

The answer will be...as it always is... both. 

I wonder if Ferguson is being goomed to be the main action character in the MI series, with Ethan Hawke being sort of in a pure command position?

It would make sense for the franchise' Fergusion does all the heavy lifting for the action stuff while Cruise is still a presence but not doing the stunt stuff, which is nearing the age of being a bit old for.

23 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I'm sure she will be in talks to be Tom's wife according to British tabloids soon

That seems quite unlikely given that Michelle Monaghan returned to that role in the predeceding movie.

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

I wonder if Ferguson is being goomed to be the main action character in the MI series, with Ethan Hawke being sort of in a pure command position?

It would make sense for the franchise' Fergusion does all the heavy lifting for the action stuff while Cruise is still a presence but not doing the stunt stuff, which is nearing the age of being a bit old for.

Seems possible, but would be a bit concerning given she is a charisma vacuum.

Edited by Avatree

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

after FFH sequel being dated on same weekend as this. where is MI7 gonna move?

They're not dated for the same weekend, MI7 is opening the weekend after Spidey 3 as it stands. However, I feel like they could push it to July 30th, as the last weekend of that month has been the sweet spot for this series between Rogue Nation and Fallout. The main issue with this proposal would be that Suicide Squad 2 opens a week later, much stronger competition than the past 2 movies faced. 

July 2021 is going to be shaken up anyway because right now there are so many tentpoles with similar target demographics releasing too close to each other (Indy 5, Sing 2, Spidey 3, Space Jam 2, MI7). 

Edited by gadd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

it will still be part of Spidey 3's 5-day weekend. even if it opens on a Wednesday. I can easily see Spidey 3's Fri-Sun being higher than MI7's. 

What? Spidey opens 16 July, MI 7 opens 23 July. Also Fallout was one of the best action films of the century, while FFH was... one of the lesser Spidey films

• Thanks 2