Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/uk-government-allows-film-tv-production-be-exempt-quarantine-rules-1301849?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The U.K. Government will allow a number of film and television productions to be exempt from following quarantine rules and resume filming safely this summer. 

The government announced the exemption Sunday in hopes of allowing production of international blockbusters to get underway. The exemption only applies to those traveling to England. Exempted individuals are set to live and work in controlled "bubbled" environments that will only include their production and accommodation locations.  

Production on Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible 7, produced by Skydance Media for Paramount Pictures, is one of the blockbusters allowed to resume. The next installment in the Cruise franchise had originally been scheduled for July 23, 2021 but was pushed back four months due to the novel coronavirus pandemic and has a new release date of Nov. 19, 2021. 

The U.K. government said that Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has already spoken with Cruise about how the exemption will allow production to resume on Mission: Impossible 7 and 8, which are being shot at the Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden in Hertfordshire.

I don't normally go in for blind items but someone emailed this to me and it's so out there and weird that I don't even care if it's true or not. 

👔
Spoiler

After two massive bombs this past year, this studio is really desperate for a hit. They have a franchise that is solid gold but has run into big issues while filming in Europe. They got shut down in Rome and had to rebuild part of Rome on a soundstage which was ridiculously expensive. The head of the studio's European division hired two "producers," one of whom is the mistress of the President of a country. Yes, he calls her his stylist, but please. The studio and the producers want to blow up a bridge. These two "producers" with the connection to the President of the country are supposed to help. The bridge is 100 years old. The town where it is located told the studio to go to hell and gave it a higher conservation level just to make sure it couldn't be blown up. So, the studio threw even more money at the federal government and President of the country. They want to blow up the bridge. The President gave permission to blow up the bridge and work has begun to blow it up. The head prosecutor in the country is investigating the bribes and corruption but will probably be bribed themselves. The studio also paid to make sure no negative stories about the bridge or even stories about the bridge show up in the media. When the A list mostly movie actor makes his rounds of the the talk show circuit to promote it, do you think anyone will ask him about it? Nope. They are all cowards.

Paramount/Mission Impossible/Poland/Tom Cruise

tldr: This person alleges that Paramount Pictures is trying to bribe the Polish government into letting them destroy a structure for a stunt. 

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2020/07/blind-items-revealed-22.html

On 7/6/2020 at 7:56 AM, TerwillikerInst said:

I don't normally go in for blind items but someone emailed this to me and it's so out there and weird that I don't even care if it's true or not. 

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

tldr: This person alleges that Paramount Pictures is trying to bribe the Polish government into letting them destroy a structure for a stunt. 

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2020/07/blind-items-revealed-22.html

This has been in the Polish newspapers for some time. It's true....they wanna blow up a bridge. Check out this guy's posts on Facebook. He updates quite regularly on the issue  

https://wroclaw.wyborcza.pl/wroclaw/7,35771,26118318,tom-cruise-na-moscie-w-pilchowicach.html?disableRedirects=true

Edited by Maggie
  • Thanks 1

The Daily Mail is reporting that filming began last week. (Normally I'd take it with a grain of salt because it's the Mail, but they included pictures and actual details so I figured it was worth posting here.)

32263956-8654371-image-a-20_15981265499532263966-8654371-RUN_UP_The_full_span_of

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8654371/Tom-Cruise-58-leaps-speeding-motorbike-action-shot-Mission-Impossible-film.html

• Astonished 1