Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

24 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Hmmm.... the Sun has audio of Tom ranting on the MI 7 set in London. It's Christian Bale reloaded. Could pose some problems for this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13489709/tom-cruise-covid-mission-impossible-rant/

Not if he's the guy trying to keep hundreds of people employed by advocating strong safety on set.  

We don't know the circumstances, but on the surface, I have no problem with this.  This is not ranting at a DP for walking into his frame.  This guy is still the gold standard in the industry -- and for valid reasons.  Cruise is talking about life and death matters, and the employment of the entire crew, the example of what a top-tier film production can prove to the industry and the world in this time of crisis.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Not if he's the guy trying to keep hundreds of people employed by advocating strong safety on set.  

We don't know the circumstances, but on the surface, I have no problem with this.  This is not ranting at a DP for walking into his frame.  This guy is still the gold standard in the industry -- and for valid reasons.  Cruise is talking about life and death matters, and the employment of the entire crew, the example of what a top-tier film production can prove to the industry and the world in this time of crisis.  

I thought it was perfectly fine what he said. He explained everything and why it’s so important they’re doing what they’re doing. Good for him for understanding the gravity of the situation. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Hmmm.... the Sun has audio of Tom ranting on the MI 7 set in London. It's Christian Bale reloaded. Could pose some problems for this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13489709/tom-cruise-covid-mission-impossible-rant/

Taking safety seriously? Only if world leaders did this. No one is making the crew work during the pandemic. This is only news cause its Tom Cruise .

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Taking safety seriously? Only if world leaders did this. No one is making the crew work during the pandemic. This is only news cause its Tom Cruise .

Honestly, based on this I’d kind of like Tom Cruise to accompany me when I go shopping, nobody is sticking to two meters anymore and it irritates the hell out of me.

I’m completely on his side here, all it takes is one slip up and a production shut down costs them potentially millions of dollars.

• Like 3

100% on Cruise’s side for this. He’s talking about people’s lively hoods here. The production of this movie employs hundreds of people; and not just in NA but in other countries as well. I also got the sense that this isn’t the first time something had to be said about following Covid protocol on set. Cruise just finally had enough and couldn’t take it anymore lol

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Honestly, based on this I’d kind of like Tom Cruise to accompany me when I go shopping, nobody is sticking to two meters anymore and it irritates the hell out of me.

I’m completely on his side here, all it takes is one slip up and a production shut down costs them potentially millions of dollars.

In busy shops it's impossible to keep 2 metres apart, especially when you are all trying to grab the same things