Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Paramount must hate WB because this is now the 3rd movie in the last 3 years that they have scheduled against a DC movie even though WB locked the date first. It first happened back in 2017 when Paramount put Transformers in WW's original June 23 date. Then they put Bumblebee up against Aquaman and now they moved Mission: Impossible 8 to Shazam's new release date. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, meridan said:

Paramount must hate WB because this is now the 3rd movie in the last 3 years that they have scheduled against a DC movie even though WB locked the date first. It first happened back in 2017 when Paramount put Transformers in WW's original June 23 date. Then they put Bumblebee up against Aquaman and now they moved Mission: Impossible 8 to Shazam's new release date. 

Ended up helping Wonder Woman and Aquaman as people had to choose one movie as their movie of the summer and of the holidays. Shazam will probably just move back 2 weeks to pre-Thanksgiving which honestly should have been the release date from the start as it gives them a good 10 day run. So it will end up working out for everyone in the end again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Ended up helping Wonder Woman and Aquaman as people had to choose one movie as their movie of the summer and of the holidays. Shazam will probably just move back 2 weeks to pre-Thanksgiving which honestly should have been the release date from the start as it gives them a good 10 day run. So it will end up working out for everyone in the end again.

WB moving WW to June 2 definitely helped, but I just find it weird that Paramount has no issues going up against WB's DC properties. It just looks intentional at this point. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, meridan said:

WB moving WW to June 2 definitely helped, but I just find it weird that Paramount has no issues going up against WB's DC properties. It just looks intentional at this point. 🤷‍♂️

They obviously thought Transformers movies would be bigger than they were and they wanted to kill 2 DC franchises before they began so one less competition to worry about. Instead it ended up killing Transformers for a good time, especially with Aquaman trouncing Bumblebee. For this one, they just want to be the kickoff for fall for the ending of the MI saga and Shazam is a smaller franchise which they can go against easily. If it was WW84 or Aquaman 2, they wouldn't put it against the franchises now. You can only try to kill a franchise with the first movie because once its going its hard to stop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TMP said:

These films are always leggy, could see this really benefitting them. Batman and MI 7 a month apart sounds pretty exciting too. Also a day after my birthday, haha.

You now excited for the mediocre Jon Watts film releasing in between both those films too?

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You now excited for the mediocre Jon Watts film releasing in between both those films too?

Look, when Batman was scheduled for June and MI 7 was scheduled for late July, there was still a Watts flick in the middle. Looks like it was always gonna be the case.

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2020 at 1:44 PM, meridan said:

Dude there’s not some kind of secret conspiracy that DC movies are being attacked. The opening of November is a lucrative spot and these types of date exchanges happen all the time.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • ...wtf 1

59 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What do you all think of the pre-Thanksgiving weekend date for this? I personally love the summer dates for these movies but this could also work really well.

Ghost Protocol made bank over Christmas/New Year's. The holidays are just as good of a fit for this franchise as summer is.

Edited by filmlover

22 hours ago, filmlover said:

Ghost Protocol made bank over Christmas/New Year's. The holidays are just as good of a fit for this franchise as summer is.

Oh I know the holidays can easily be a good fit financially for these movies. I just meant to say on a personal note I like these films in the summer.