Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

This weekend is going to be one the greatest weekends to follow Box Office ever. Though I just hope this movie does not get completely destroyed. Paramount could have picked so many other times to release this. Sure nobody could have seen Barbenheimer coming a year or even a few months ago but still. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

Should've released in Labor Day

Shang-Chi proves it can work

It was supposed to come out Sept 30 last year but I think they wanted TG Maverick to have the year to itself and they were not finished with it yet. Considering how there were no movies that even opened over 40 million between Thor:LT and Black Adam last year, this would have cleaned up. 

21 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

This weekend is going to be one the greatest weekends to follow Box Office ever. Though I just hope this movie does not get completely destroyed. Paramount could have picked so many other times to release this. Sure nobody could have seen Barbenheimer coming a year or even a few months ago but still. 

Sound Of Freedom probably be flat, maybe pull ahead of MI

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

Sound of Freedom will probably do around 20m this weekend, MI 25-30m

I am going to wake in a cold sweat a few times this week fearing SOF beats Mission. Mission gets direct competition and loses its PLF's where SOF is appealing to  infrequent moviegoers 

• Haha 1

MI bros, feeling like it's joever.

MI7 simply doesn't have the repeat viewing factor of MI6 or TGM. A lot of people watched TGM 7-8 times in theatres alone which is why it had an incredidle multiplier even internationally despite opening lower than MI7.

Keeping expectations low and hope to be positively surprised later

Edited by Algebra
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I am going to wake in a cold sweat a few times this week fearing SOF beats Mission. Mission gets direct competition and loses its PLF's where SOF is appealing to  infrequent moviegoers 

Will SOF survive losing all its IMAX and Dolby screens?

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Today's numbers are going to be really important for this. 

Yeah for sure. Will set the precedent for second weekend drop. If it manages to stay on par with Fallout even after having 2 extra days, it's setting the stage for a $200m+ run 

57 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

But Paramount had to know about Nolan's contract with IMAX. Paramount spent 2+ years helping Nolan develop and release Interstellar in IMAX. Did they really think IMAX was going to abandon Nolan? His release date for Oppenheimer was setup long before Paramount chose July 12 for Mission. 

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

But Paramount had to know about Nolan's contract with IMAX. Paramount spent 2+ years helping Nolan develop and release Interstellar in IMAX. Did they really think IMAX was going to abandon Nolan? His release date for Oppenheimer was setup long before Paramount chose July 12 for Mission. 

I think they thought if they stomped their foot on the date Oppenheimer and Barbie would move instead...but they lost the bet. Barbenheimer weekend will be gigantic and MI's date is now extremely awkward.

• Like 1