Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

52 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Not sure if it will keep Dolby screens in the 2nd week or if Barbie or Oppenheimer will get. But I am assuming they don't want to move it up since Indy will likely hurt it more than Barbie/Oppenheimer.

42 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I imagine Nolan really prefers the current date, but shifting this back one week to where Marvels was dated seems like the best option IMHO. That puts two weeks between Indy and MI, then another two between MI and Op.

And this is the kind of movie that will play well even during the dog days of summer because of the target adult audience.

(And it still gets the movie out for Nolan's birthday weekend.)

Barbie and Oppenheimer are sharing Dolby screens that weekend while Haunted Mansion takes over them the weekend after, per the Dolby Cinema section on AMC's website. Not a lot of breathing room this summer, with Guardians, Indiana Jones, and I guess Elemental/The Flash (unless Sony plans on getting No Hard Feelings on at least some PLF screens on June 23) being the only ones looking to get more than a week of large format play during the May/June/July corridor.

6 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I also just realized this is the MI thread, not Op... so to clarify, I was talking about moving Op. 😁

If only you had the power to move the posts to the correct thread before anyone noticed. YiBe40t.png

(i kid i kid)

10 minutes ago, Flip said:

Fallout trailer came out early February, kinda weird that this doesn't have its official trailer yet

there is no need for one this early, they already have a decent one and Paramount is promoting 2 movies for release this month , i expect they may put one out for when John Wick is released

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flip said:

Fallout trailer came out early February, kinda weird that this doesn't have its official trailer yet

That was the first trailer. MI:DR-P1 already had it's first trailer.

I could see the second trailer coming out later this month, either in front of Wick and/or Paramount's D&D film the week after. If not then, then May when the summer tentpoles start rolling out weekly.

They did a teaser trailer long back for this. It also had sneak peek with Avatwo. Then those videos of crazy stunts posted by Paramount. It does not need to do anything from awareness perspective. for Definite interest metrics they will get greater value marketing close to release. Now there are too many movies to this release. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2023/03/mission-impossible-7-test-screenings-begin-movie-is-too-long-1234817256/

Bob Bakish, president of Paramount Global, revealed during the Paramount panel at the 2023 Morgan Stanley Technology, Media, & Telecom Conference on March 8 that the first test screenings for “Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One” (aka “M:I7”) have started.

“I haven’t seen all of ‘MI:7,’ but I’ve seen a bunch of it,” Bakish said. “We actually just did the first test screening for an audience last week, and the audience lost their mind. And it’s still too long, they’ve got to cut it. But the movie is insane. It’s like a complete thrill ride. And Tom, he’s very good.”

29 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Also could be true that it could be even better if it was shorter.

One of the thngs that the studio looks for in a test screening is the audeince beginning to lose interest in a film..more talking, more going to the bathroom etc. That is a sing the film is too slow and needs to be trimmed.

I can't remember where he said it (might be the multiple 3+ hour spoiler specials for Empire now behind a paywall) but McQ talked about screening a shorter cut of Fallout compared to the final one, and it felt longer to the audience because the film had no breathing room and they sacrificed pace/rhythm for a shorter run time. And with the final cut no complaints.

I think McQ and Hamilton are super intuitive so I trust them to deliver the best possible version. 

Edited by FilmFincher

On 3/9/2023 at 11:29 PM, keysersoze123 said:

That would be ridiculous for an action movie. No way they release that. 

yeah, but wouldn't it be cool?