Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s 2:35 actually , people overreacted everytime a movie ended up with two and half hours and just say is 3

There will be 20-25 minutes of trailers before the movie even starts, so yeah it will be 3 hours long.

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I still don't understand how everyone is saying this is going to do gangbusters when presales are lacking and Oppenheimer/Barbie come out a week later.

Especially when the social media buzz isn't 100% positive.

I still don't understand how everyone is saying this isn't doing good when presales are higher than Oppenheimer/Barbie. Don't forget TGM pre-sales skyrocketed when the reviews were coming out, so still time for this fuse to lit.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

BARBIE is tracking $65m-$85m. That's beating OPPENHEIMER, but not a killing OW that MI:DR can't match the week before. BARBIE doesn't IMAX and many PLF.

That's three days for Barbie and i bet it goes higher. 100M is not out of the question. MI:DR won't match that even for the five days.

Barbie will be a fan-driven and frontloaded one, so basing off presales as an indicator is vague.

I’d rather wait for actual box office numbers, not some cherry picking a name of theater.

Edited by Asyulus
  • Like 2

Barbie presales are so strong particularly because of the nature of its main female demographic: they see it as an event. They’re buying ahead of time because they also want to coordinate their outfits for the day, arrange logistics with friends, etc. This is happening at mass scale, and it’s all over social media. I don’t think you can extrapolate from that to the main audience of MI.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I still don't understand how everyone is saying this isn't doing good when presales are higher than Oppenheimer/Barbie. Don't forget TGM pre-sales skyrocketed when the reviews were coming out, so still time for this fuse to lit.

This reply is a direct example of what I mean. Barbie presales are doing really well. In my own town, Oppenheimer presales are *beating* MI7. And yet...

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Did the zoom and enhance to see which he's seeing first but it seems he has bought tickets to see both movies on the 21st at 7pm.

With the power of Zeon, He’s going to metamorphically create a clone to watch them both at the same time. To save Cinemas once again

Edited by The GOAT
  • Like 1

Every time Cruise has a new movie outs its the same thing. Tracking is underwhelming. This might disappoint etc and every time it ends up doing better than expected. His main demo is older, they don't pre-sale and they don't spend their lives on Twitter and reddit.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Every time Cruise has a new movie outs its the same thing. Tracking is underwhelming. This might disappoint etc and every time it ends up doing better than expected. His main demo is older, they don't pre-sale and they don't spend their lives on Twitter and reddit.

Pretty sure TGM's tracking wasn't underwhelming. Pointed to high numbers from the start

Edited by lorddemaxus

37 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

BARBIE is tracking $65m-$85m. That's beating OPPENHEIMER, but not a killing OW that MI:DR can't match the week before. BARBIE doesn't IMAX and many PLF.

Barbie is doing better than MI in every single sample in the tracking thread