Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

47 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I feel like the marketing has been underwhelming ngl

The main trailer was super mid. 

The first trailer from last year was pretty great. But it also was released over a year before the movie comes out. Only 1 main trailer and it completely pales in comparison to the Fallout trailer(s)

• Like 1

I don't really get it. Why's there such doom n gloom here?

By all metrics, it's gonna be the franchise's biggest opener worldwide, ex-China.

And you have massively competition the following week BUT then the rest of month and August are practically barren. Why can't three movies thrive at the same time?

2 minutes ago, Algebra said:

I don't really get it. Why's there such doom n gloom here?

By all metrics, it's gonna be the franchise's biggest opener worldwide, ex-China.

And you have massively competition the following week BUT then the rest of month and August are practically barren. Why can't three movies thrive at the same time?

presales are below Rise Of The Beasts, huge competition in week 2, critical reaction says its good but not great

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

presales are below Rise Of The Beasts, huge competition in week 2, critical reaction says its good but not great

These are FACTS. I don't get how some people can be blindly optimistic. The same people hoped until the last second that Indy would be a big hit. Pre sales didn't indicate that, just like pre sales are really weak for MI

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

Keep forgetting that FALLOUT had such an incredible marketing with Henry Cavill's muscle that it managed less than 10% increase over RN. Presales also indicate franchise best opening. That is a FACT. So things are looking promising. Obviously some users look hard for negatives. @Maggie @Ryan Reynolds That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

15 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Are presales lower than Rise of The Beasts in all territories? I see them trailing in Orlando but ahead in others. Also the IMs of MI movies have been massive historically...like well over 10. So, a $7m preview still gives it the equivalent of a $70m 3-day weekend at the very least (yeah I know it's released midweek and that skews up things). Whereas franchises like ROTB and F&F are gonna be incredibly frontloaded and as a result, have high previews and very low IMs.

Massive competition second weekend on but are we looking at multiple $800m - $1B movies like in the summer of 2018 or 2019? Movies still did fine right back then? Competition will only kill you and take all your business if your movie is bland and has nothing new to offer.

I am seeing great reactions across the board. Everyone's praising the action. Yes there are a few lukewarm reactions but they're mixed on plot points not on the action. 

Edited by Algebra

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Will Ilsa have a big role in this movie?

We seem to be in Rebecca Ferguson renaissance right now with her in MI, Dune, and the Silo streaming show.

She will have a big role..she has become a fan favorite..but....

Spoiler

Rumor has it that one of the major MI movies charecters is going to get killed in this one, and Ilse is a possibllity for the victim.

4 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I feel like the marketing has been underwhelming ngl

People keep saying this about every movie this summer. I think social media and algorithms have just ensured that not everybody sees the same ads anymore. There is Mission Impossible everywhere at movie theaters and on cable TV. 

30 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

People keep saying this about every movie this summer. I think social media and algorithms have just ensured that not everybody sees the same ads anymore. There is Mission Impossible everywhere at movie theaters and on cable TV. 

Cable TV is nowhere near what it used to be though. I think it’s really hard to know what reaches people nowadays. I personally have found a lot of trailers underwhelming lately. 

10 hours ago, emoviefan said:

I honestly can not understand Maggie. She pretends like she is a fan of these movies but seems to look for anything she perceives as negative about it. Very passive aggressive and weird. She did this for TG Maverick also. 

This is the classic "I am a huge fan of Tom Cruise but I will be relentlessly negative on it to spare myself the pain of disappointment" strategy

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

A lot of marketing doesn't equate to "good" marketing necessarily. 

I don't think any of the trailers were as great as the Fallout trailers, personally. And since the teaser dropped last May, I've probably seen it in front of roughly 50 movies since

Fair enough. The trailers haven't been as good for sure.