Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

5 minutes ago, Austin said:

I'm sorry but ??????????????????????

They are literally less than 10 years apart.

And the retirement age of the best fighter pilots is around 65. Also, there’s a very good reason given in the movie to let Cruise fly after being brought on as an instructor

10 minutes ago, Algebra said:

The last thing I wanna see is the best blockbuster director in the business rn and the biggest blockbuster movie star transition to doing $50m movies

you know its possible for an actor to be in multiple different films right? For example in 1999 Tom Cruise filmed Magnolia and then 2 months later filmed Mission Impossible 2.

17 minutes ago, Algebra said:

The last thing I wanna see is the best blockbuster director in the business rn and the biggest blockbuster movie star transition to doing $50m movies

23 minutes ago, Maggie said:

None of these excite me. Do a normal movie, play a normal person. Even if it flops, it's still better than these constant action sequels.

It already exists. It’s called Jack Reacher and it’s very underappreciated.

10 minutes ago, Algebra said:

And the retirement age of the best fighter pilots is around 65. Also, there’s a very good reason given in the movie to let Cruise fly after being brought on as an instructor

I wasn't talking about that bruh, i literally highlighted what you said about him and connelly but they are less than 10 years apart and there are couples with way larger of a gap than that.

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The real Jack Reacher

FLe5ZC1aAAAx-iN.jpg

He definitely looks the part but the first Cruise Reacher film is better than the show. They made that first season far too long and crammed way too much into it. First two episodes were great but after that it really started to drag.

• Like 2

I watched Reacher a couple of weeks ago and it was actually gripping and fun. Unlike the Cruise Snoozefest and its even more boring sequel. And the actor was way better as the character than Cruise (I say this as a big Cruise fan and someone who never read the reacher books)

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

Absolutely fantastic. 
Maybe ever so slightly below Fallout overall, but it has several sections that are a new bar.  Audiences are going to lap it up. 

embarrasses all the other summer blockbusters we’ve had thus far. Runs laps around them. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Absolutely fantastic. 
Maybe ever so slightly below Fallout overall, but it has several sections that are a new bar.  Audiences are going to lap it up. 

embarrasses all the other summer blockbusters we’ve had thus far. Runs laps around them. 

Even Spidey?

Cruise has done more different project than most actors combined. He has lots of indies on his CV as well. Worked with the best directors in film history. So it makes sense if at 60 he knows that the window to make globetrotting action films is closing. So he is making the most of it now. The best thing is he keeps getting better. His last films are 97%, 96%, 98% on RT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

TGM is not reality. Maverick would have been kicked out of the Air Force a long time ago, the older you get the worst you get at flying jets, and anyone Cruise's age would not have Jennifer Connelly as a love interest.

It's more fantasy than the wizards and orcs in LOTR.

He'd have to join the air force first before the can get kicked out

My grandfather's favorite books series is Jack Reacher and he hates the movies b/c Tom Cruise messes with his head canon. Meanwhile I appreciate having a great actor vs just a big guy. Pops is 91 and has no clue about the modern world or politics, so it just goes to show messing with canon can piss anyone off.