Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

If they weren't just in Paris, I would say...why not scale the Eiffel Tower? 

I think East Asia's on the agenda... Taipei 101?  Tokyo?   The CN Tower in Toronto?  Or perhaps underground somewhere instead? 

Getting into space seriously has to be a consideration for #8.  Imagine the epic Gravity-esque comedown after Hunt returns to Earth...

Let me guess...Hunt will be disavowed of his organization for something he didn't do...by someone who doesn't trust him...who will ultimately turn out to be someone else he knows in disguise.  😉

8 minutes ago, Macleod said:

If they weren't just in Paris, I would say...why not scale the Eiffel Tower? 

I think East Asia's on the agenda... Taipei 101?  Tokyo?   The CN Tower in Toronto?  Or perhaps underground somewhere instead? 

Getting into space seriously has to be a consideration for #8.  Imagine the epic Gravity-esque comedown after Hunt returns to Earth...

Let me guess...Hunt will be disavowed of his organization for something he didn't do...by someone who doesn't trust him...who will ultimately turn out to be someone else he knows in disguise.  😉

Hunt will be hired to stop an assasination conspiracy from the senior editors of MSM against the president but

when he will see Trump,

he will let it happen so he can run the CIA, Homeland Security and the NSA.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Fallout was the emptiest Mission Impossible movie since the second as far as narrative is concerned.

It was really spy mumbo jumbo bullshit leading to the next Tom Cruise X-games.

And while you may say this is true for all the MI movies, Fallout was definitely the biggest culprit of this with MI 2.

People, including me, do love meaningless circus acts tho.

No

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

It was really spy mumbo jumbo bullshit leading to the next Tom Cruise X-games.

And while you may say this is true for all the MI movies, Fallout was definitely the biggest culprit of this with MI 2.

Spy mumbo jumbo (awesome) bullshit from Tom Cruise is wrong, but explosion mumbo jumbo bullshit from the Bayformers movies is ok?

Nah.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

If they are filming back to back then I doubt production will be as spontaneous or on the fly as Rogue Nation and particularly Fallout was. 

And yes everyone must check out McQuarrie's podcasts with Empire. Some of the best insights into big budget filmmaking I've seen or heard.

Link ?

11 minutes ago, RichWS said:

There are a few individual aspects of Rogue I prefer, but think Fallout is superior overall. 

Fallout had a lot of twists and turns and a lot of characters (some not needed or just dull) and a lot of good action going on but Rogue is tighter and more thrilling, with more diverse set pieces, a break out role for Ferguson and a stronger villain presence.  Though my favorite might still be Ghost Protocol.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1