Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

What? Spidey opens 16 July, MI 7 opens 23 July. Also Fallout was one of the best action films of the century, while FFH was... one of the lesser Spidey films

I read it as July 21st at first for some reason but I don't think the 2nd part of your statement mean anything for their box office prospects.

Also Spidey 3 2nd weekend will be above MI7 OW.  

MI6's opening was 61.

Far From Home's second weekend was 45, but that was after it opened on a Tuesday and burnt off 92M before even the first weekend. If it would have had a normal Friday opening, then it's second weekend would probably have been right in that 61 range.

If it was strictly one or the other, and MI7 had to choose between either the second weekend of Spidey or having Suicide Squad open in it's second weekend, I think I'd go with the second option. The first 7 days is obviously the most important 7 days of a movie's run, and better to have those free before Suicide Squad opens than have to share those first 7 with Spidey making pretty much the same money.

That said, it's only 2019. There are tons of changes to the summer 2021 schedule still to come.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mission Impossible moves back a week to July 30th then Space Jam 2 takes July 23rd. 

i doubt it, they probably rather have IMAX screens for 2 weekends before giving them up to Suicide Squad , i don't think Spidey is a direct threat, their audience wasn't alive when Mission Impossible came out

ehh Pattinson is great and should make for a great batman hopefully. 

These next two movies have some great cast addition. Also good to see Hoult get a good project.2019 wasn't good for him

Are they filming these back to back?

Edited by jking123