grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/

Entertainment Weekly has learned exclusively that Jason Reitman will direct and co-write an upcoming film set in the world that was saved decades previously by the proton pack-wearing working stiffs in the original 1984 movie, which was directed by his father, Ivan Reitman.

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,” Reitman says. “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

Sony Pictures has dated the film for Summer 2020, with plans to start shooting in a few months.

It’s still too soon to reveal the plot of the screenplay, who the new characters will be, or whether the original actors like Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, or Bill Murray will return. Harold Ramis died in 2014.

“This is very early, and I want the film to unwrap like a present. We have a lot of wonderful surprises and new characters for the audience to meet,” says Reitman, who co-wrote the screenplay with Monster House and Poltergeist remake filmmaker Gil Kenan.

The all-female Ghostbusters movie that director Paul Feig made in 2016 with Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Kristen Wiig, and Melissa McCarthy started its story from scratch, unconnected to the earlier films, so it won’t have ties to this new one. “I have so much respect for what Paul created with those brilliant actresses, and would love to see more stories from them. However, this new movie will follow the trajectory of the original film,” Reitman says.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Charlize a ghostbuster?

My guess is it will be a mixed team. 2 men and 2 women most likely. And this time they will do the passing of the torch storyline which should have probably been the 2016 movie. The Jurassic World/Force Awakens for Ghostbusters.

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

My guess is it will be a mixed team. 2 men and 2 women most likely. And this time they will do the passing of the torch storyline which should have probably been the 2016 movie. The Jurassic World/Force Awakens for Ghostbusters.

As expected

• ...wtf 1

I actually enjoyed Ghostbusters ‘16 a lot but it was a serious bomb overseas and showed the potential isn’t there unless they make for super cheap (which is unlikely). Some franchises/properties are just best left in their era.

Edited by filmlover