grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

One of things that made the original so great was it had so many great lines;that lighting will be hard to capture in the a bottle again....

"And Remember, You will be  get the credit for saving the lives of Millions and Millions of registered voters!"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Same. For some reason, it doesn't feel like it's been that long since Reitman announced it.

A direct Ghostbusters sequel has been talked about for a long,long, time before it morphed into the unconnected 2016 film.

I still think that not building on the original was a bad mistake with the 2016 film.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, Barnack said:

Outside the costly genre of CGI sci-fi action, the franchise needed the OK of a lot of legacy attached people to get made:

Produced by 

Dan Aykroyd ... executive producer
Ali Bell ... executive producer
Paul Feig ... executive producer
Jessie Henderson ... executive producer
Michele Imperato ... executive producer (as Michele Imperato Stabile)
Joe Medjuck ... executive producer
Amy Pascal ... producer
James Paul ... associate producer
Alex Plapinger ... associate producer
Tom Pollock ... executive producer
Eric Reich ... associate producer
Ivan Reitman ... producer

A bit like for Sony Pixel, they did not try to swing for the fence by many of the decision, that made certain that it's minimum bar was rather high but the ceiling WW was not high at all (complete opposite of what they did with say Men In Black International)

Thats nothing. I think The Irishman had almost 40 produceres combined 😂😂

On 12/9/2019 at 8:24 PM, kitik said:

That was a legit good trailer. The massive change from previous Ghostbusters movies should be seen as a positive, as for once lame old Hollywood isn't just saying "here, have some more of the exact same thing".

Agree. This is actually a movie that i want see. Not a repleca of the first two.

GB 1&2 are just like the Batman movies from the 80`s. They dont hold up to what we want to see today. Its only nostalgia that keeps them alive.

Nolan brought the franchise up to date. We could see the same here. 
Maybe its not apples to apples but i think you follow what i mean

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This this looks really dull. 

That can be your take away but many are finding what we saw intriguing on various levels.

If I had to wager a guess the footage we saw is largely from the first act. A second trailer is going to give more story, show more action elements and dive more into the lore. This may turn your opinion around...or not.

• Thanks 1

It could just be the trailer, but this looks too serious. Where is the comedy? Or else why are they hiding it? I'm not sure how well the film will work, or attract audiences, if it takes itself too seriously. An essential element of the original is the comedy. To be fair, that's probably going to be more difficult to attain with a story that centres around a group of kids vs comedy legends like Bill Murray.

Peace,

Mike