grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

3 hours ago, MikeQ said:

It could just be the trailer, but this looks too serious. Where is the comedy? Or else why are they hiding it? I'm not sure how well the film will work, or attract audiences, if it takes itself too seriously. An essential element of the original is the comedy. To be fair, that's probably going to be more difficult to attain with a story that centres around a group of kids vs comedy legends like Bill Murray.

Peace,

Mike

,Yeah, a lot of people don't seem to get that Ghostbusters is a comedy, and if it's not funny it will be total failure.

As I said, I really doubt they can come up with as many great lines as the original had.

Still amazed a lot of people seem to think GB Is some sort of serious horror movie franchise...……

It's a freaking comedy franchise, , folks.

Edited by dudalb

The comedy will be there. I suspect it will less due to the cast we've seen up till this point.

Comedy legends v Paul Rudd & non-comedy teens is not a contest.

Still, Rudd has the ability to play the straight man and the comedy man so I have to believe he was cast in order to utilize both sides of his talent.

While the original 2 are certainly comedy action/supernatural thriller this official second sequel may be more supernatural/action comedy.

This appears to be deliberately a “nostalgia” trailer and that the actual film will have a lot more humour. It’s indicating a course correction from what many consider to be the biggest error the last film made which was to completely separate itself from the previous films.

I don't buy this will be self-serious. They have Paul Rudd in the cast and it's Ghostbusters. Even It had a lot of comedy with the kids too.

And yeah, why am I not surprised that I've seen positive reaction across the board everywhere but here? Opinions are opinions and all, but are we really this cynical?

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

We'll see if this is any good or not (hopefully it is just for the actors in it), but arguably the strangest thing (heh) about this is seeing Jason Reitman's name attached. Having a hard time thinking of another director who went from being labeled one of the most promising new names in the biz (second and third features being Best Picture/Director nominees + notable box office hits) to a total afterthought to the point of now turning to his father's legacy for a hit in such a short amount of time. Even Shyamalan's fall from grace didn't feel this extreme, even if he too had to basically go back to the well of his earlier work (no one knew Split was a sequel to Unbreakable until it ended) after a decade of duds to begin seeing actual hits again.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, filmlover said:

We'll see if this is any good or not (hopefully it is just for the actors in it), but arguably the strangest thing (heh) about this is seeing Jason Reitman's name attached. Having a hard time thinking of another director who went from being labeled one of the most promising new names in the biz (second and third features being Best Picture/Director nominees + notable box office hits) to a total afterthought to the point of now turning to his father's legacy for a hit in such a short amount of time. Even Shyamalan's fall from grace didn't feel this extreme, even if he too had to basically go back to the well of his earlier work (no one knew Split was a sequel to Unbreakable until it ended) after a decade of duds to begin seeing actual hits again.

Yeah, if this not good, Reitman is going to be up shit creek. Not only will he get blasted for making a bad movie, but also for tarnishing his father's legacy.

4 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Why put Ghostbusters and Morbius so close? Unless they are hoping to move one possibly if theatres reopen? 

Both should’ve come out in October, but I guess they really want Venom to come out by then (although Ghostbusters and Morbius are more than likely closed finished compared to Venom)