grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

I just watched Ghostbusters 2 yesterday and WTF happened to that movie?  It felt like a very lazy film.  It took the OW record 3 weeks after INDY 3 set the new record, but Ghostbusters 2 had the quality following the hype of something like Twilight 2. 

The new Ghostbusters (2016) is like a remake of Ghostbusters 2 and it makes me wonder if the original Ghostbusters is that bad too?  

I don't think I could even find room for a (B-) w/ Ghostbusters 2.  

36 minutes ago, gravestone dt said:

The new Ghostbusters (2016) is like a remake of Ghostbusters 2 and it makes me wonder if the original Ghostbusters is that bad too?  

Of course it's not, it was just lightning in a bottle that even the original cast could recapture. Like Jurassic Park, it's pretty much a given now that the franchise will never have a good follow-up.

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Of course it's not, it was just lightning in a bottle that even the original cast could recapture. Like Jurassic Park, it's pretty much a given now that the franchise will never have a good follow-up.

and of course in today's age, we are all ghostbusters and capable of dealing with sky vandalism and other paranormal encounters.  

who else is there to call when something don't look right?  what would one need to report on that they could not solve themselves or find solutions on the internet.

• Thanks 1

Unlike others I don't rate the original Ghostbusters highly and much prefer the 2016 version. But the truth is that one was an overbudgted flop.  Reitman is desperate after years of failure, including the recent flops Tully and The Front Runner. No studio probably wanted him for a comic book movie so a Ghostbusters remake here we go.

Personally I liked Extreme Ghostbusters a lot so I hope they are going that route. I think they can make a it a global, sans China, franchise but they shouldn't spend more than 85mil and they should go for an action comedy vibe instead of an American comedy with action elements vibe that the reboot went with and that the original was.