scabab

Wednesday Numbers | Broly $7.06 million

https://deadline.com/2019/01/dragon-ball-super-broly-opening-day-domestic-box-office-1202536491/

Funimation Films’ domestic release of Dragon Ball Super: Broly is rolling a super opening day with an estimated $5M-plus per industry sources at 1,260 theaters. Estimates peg the six-day at $11M-plus and say that given the fanboy nature of the film, business will be frontloaded. There’s also a chance that Broly comes in higher than what we’re seeing now with around $7M.

latest?cb=20161214221423

Edited by scabab
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 11

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This has been selling out like CRAZY around me. Is this a normal release?

Nah, it's one of those weird Funimation releases.  Not a ton of showtimes, skips days at some places and they're usually only around for two weeks.  Although, if there ends up being enough demand from people who get convinced to watch or who want to see it again (WoM is off the charts among DBZ fans) maybe they'll adjust and have it stick around for longer.  Going to be absurdly front-loaded most likely but this is still a massive opening for it.

Edited by Spectre

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This has been selling out like CRAZY around me. Is this a normal release?

No but it has got 1,260 theatres today and it's actually been shown in IMAX for today only.

The last two movies they specified the days it was going to be shown on. They haven't with this because it's just being shown from the 16th.

It's got a bigger release this time but it's not a normal one.

• Thanks 1

Just to continue from what I said but I don't know why they can't just give it a normal wide release on the smaller end because most the showing have sold out. Fans are having trouble booking tickets for it.

Last time they underestimated the demand and showed the movie for longer than it was scheduled for. That looks like it's happening again.

They need to sort that out if they do another movie.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Huh... had no idea there were still DBZ fans out there. Healthy for the box office I guess. 

It must be a Canadian thing because over here at least super easy to see the mass appeal of the franchise still and I'm not a fan myself personally.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It must be a Canadian thing because over here at least super easy to see the mass appeal of the franchise still and I'm not a fan myself personally.

Nah there's also a huge following in the U.S. I couldn't even watch it cause it was sold out.

Edited by Mr Impossible