scabab

Wednesday Numbers | Broly $7.06 million

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@WrathOfHan might be the fakest trashiest Hailee fanboy in the planet but his box office predictions are legit. He reminds me of me when I was young and wasn't dead all the time because of real life.

To be fair his Glass prediction is looking to bomb spectacularly and even things out but then he probably didn’t think it would be a panned movie opening with little enthusiasm like it’s looking to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair his Glass prediction is looking to bomb spectacularly and even things out but then he probably didn’t think it would be a panned movie opening with little enthusiasm like it’s looking to.

The pre-sales have caused me to lower my prediction. Certainly it could be a walk up film but I rarely ignore those pre-sales. 

as many people said before,yo cannot compare a Netflix movie to a movie shown in cinema. I can assure that not many people would have paid $10 to see that movie (that by the way was a very bad movie)

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

80 million households have watched Bird Box. 

https://deadline.com/2019/01/netflixs-bird-box-viewed-by-80-million-households-1202537139/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Easily the most watched film of 2018, no competition comes close lol. 

And that’s households. Not just individual people. Wow. 

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

80 million households have watched Bird Box. 

https://deadline.com/2019/01/netflixs-bird-box-viewed-by-80-million-households-1202537139/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And that’s households. Not just individual people. Wow. 

Half of Infinity War still. 

56 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@WrathOfHan might be the fakest trashiest Hailee fanboy in the planet but his box office predictions are legit. He reminds me of me when I was young and wasn't dead all the time because of real life.

Think again

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/25765-no-ones-treated-my-hole-in-a-really-long-time-tully-as-focus-highest-grossing-movie-domestically-club-83m/

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not sure about easily, Avengers sold what over 200 millions ticket worldwide ?

With how many household that watched it on TV at some point after it ended it's theatrical run.

5 minutes ago, seduh said:

as many people said before,yo cannot compare a Netflix movie to a movie shown in cinema. I can assure that not many people would have paid $10 to see that movie (that by the way was a very bad movie)

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The most watched movie of the year is a fully fair comparison and do not assume anything like that.

Avengers was/is also available on Netflix anyway, making the price difference fully go away if one could see the actual numbers of torrents, tv, dvds, est, theater, name it total amount of people that have seen the movie worldwide, but I expect Avengers to be comfortably way ahead.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The most watched movie of the year is a fully fair comparison and do not assume anything like that.

Avengers was/is also available on Netflix anyway, making the price difference fully go away if one could see the actual numbers of torrents, tv, dvds, est, theater, name it total amount of people that have seen the movie worldwide, but I expect Avengers to be comfortably way ahead.

Watching a movie on Netflix is definitely not the same. It's much easier and people would be more willing to check out something that essentially doesn't cost you anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Watching a movie on Netflix is definitely not the same. It's much easier and people would be more willing to check out something that essentially doesn't cost you anything.

Yes and Avengers is also on Netflix, making it exactly as easy for people to watch no ?

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Yes and Avengers is also on Netflix, making it exactly as easy for people to watch no ?

Yes after being in the theaters and making 2 billion. If Bird Box was originally a theatrical release I don't see why it would perform any better than A Quiet Place for example.

2 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Yes after being in the theaters and making 2 billion. If Bird Box was originally a theatrical release I don't see why it would perform any better than A Quiet Place for example.

And ? That the best publicity possible for a movie.

I also do not see how/why Bird Box would have made more domestic than a A Quiet Place (not sure it was more seen than A Quiet place either).

An average success like Adam Sandler Grown Ups made 98m in revenues on TV, I do not know how much the studio get in average by household watching a movie on TV, but it is probably not that much. On a big success like Spider Man 2 it did 172m on TV (36m on domestic FREE TV alone, with only the percentage of the ads sales going to them, if it is 50 cent by household in average watching it that 72M household watching it on free tv during the movie lifetime in the Canada-US market).

Edited by Barnack

January 18
Updated Thursday afternoons

<< Prev. Week < Last Year View Index Next Year > Next Week >>
Rank LW Title Distributor Theater
Count
Change % Change Est.
Screens
Change Est.
Shows
Change Week #
> NEW RELEASES
1 - Glass Universal 3,841 - - - - - - 1
36 - An Acceptable Loss IFC 1 - - - - - - 1
> EXPANDING
3 6 The Upside STX Entertainment 3,320 +240 +7.8% - - - - 2
10 10 On the Basis of Sex Focus Features 1,957 +34 +1.8% - - - - 4
11 13 Ralph Breaks the Internet Buena Vista 1,936 +382 +24.6% - - - - 9
17 19 Green Book Universal 912 +170 +22.9% - - - - 10
18 23 Creed II MGM 525 +170 +47.9% - - - - 9
19 21 The Favourite Fox Searchlight 517 +5 +1.0% - - - - 9
20 22 A Star is Born (2018) Warner Bros. 415 +21 +5.3% - - - - 16
23 26 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Warner Bros. 288 +13 +4.7% - - - - 10
29 50 Stan & Ollie Sony Classics 84 +71 +546.2% - - - - 4
30 44 Destroyer Annapurna Pictures 50 +23 +85.2% - - - - 4
31 49 Capernaum Sony Classics 17 +2 +13.3% - - - - 6
33 68 Wildlife IFC 5 +3 +150.0% - - - - 14
> NO CHANGE
4 5 A Dog's Way Home Sony / Columbia 3,090 - - - - - - 2
12 - They Shall Not Grow Old Warner Bros. 1300 - - - - - - 3
16 16 If Beale Street Could Talk Annapurna Pictures 1,018 - - - - - - 6
27 31 Perfect Strangers Pantelion 132 - - - - - - 2
34 - Bricked Gathr Films 2 - - - - - - 0
37 73 La Religieuse (2018 re-release) Rialto 1 - - - - - - 3
39 77 Senso (2018 re-release) Rialto 1 - - - - - - 13
> DECLINING
2 1 Aquaman Warner Bros. 3,475 -388 -10.0% - - - - 5
5 4 Mary Poppins Returns Buena Vista 2,810 -443 -13.6% - - - - 5
6 7 Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Sony / Columbia 2,712 -317 -10.5% - - - - 6
7 3 Bumblebee Paramount 2,711 -592 -17.9% - - - - 5
8 8 Escape Room Sony / Columbia 2,709 -8 -0.3% - - - - 3
9 2 The Mule Warner Bros. 2,688 -641 -19.3% - - - - 6
13 14 Bohemian Rhapsody Fox 1,177 -157 -11.8% - - - - 12
14 11 Vice Annapurna Pictures 1,175 -549 -31.8% - - - - 4
15 12 Second Act STX Entertainment 1,051 -630 -37.5% - - - - 5
21 18 Mary Queen of Scots Focus Features 401 -428 -51.6% - - - - 7
22 20 Ben is Back Roadside Attractions 294 -304 -50.8% - - - - 7
24 24 Instant Family Paramount 253 -71 -21.9% - - - - 10
25 17 Holmes and Watson Sony / Columbia 215 -798 -78.8% - - - - 4
26 25 Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (2018) Universal 171 -152 -47.1% - - - - 11
28 28 The Wife Sony Classics 115 -41 -26.3% - - - - 23
32 51 Tea with the Dames IFC 8 -5 -38.5% - - - - 18
35 61 The House That Jack Built IFC 2 -3 -60.0% - - - - 6
38 65 A Private War Aviron 1 -3 -75.0% - - - - 12

Disney already starting their push for Ralph to try and get it to 200M

you can't convince me netflix aren't inflating their numbers. apparently You has been watched by 40 million accounts as well? boolshit. soon we're gonna be hearing about how 100 million people have watched that tidying up show.

• Like 4

One question because Broly isnt listed on the BOM theater counts chart: Will the film get more than 2 or 3 days to make money? With a 7M OD, you think they would give it atleast a week to make some bucks? I remember in the past that most anime films basically play for only a day or two.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

you can't convince me netflix aren't inflating their numbers. apparently You has been watched by 40 million accounts as well? boolshit. soon we're gonna be hearing about how 100 million people have watched that tidying up show.

Those number are on pace to reach X million views and they household not account in the quarterly report has well.

It could be an indication that there is a lot of peoples by account.

Say there is 137m subscribers worldwide, if you have about in average 4.x people by account if we add up the free account in that list too (2 group of people, some with partners and childrens) for over 550m total people having access to Netflix.

We could see some content giving the impression to be seen by a very large % of subscribers because we underestimate the total numebr of users.

Them saying household and not subscribers/account, are they counting how many different IP address watched it ? Sometime 2-3 different one from the same account ? (A better way to seek how many people seen it)

If there is over half a billion people that are Netflix users with over 250m IP address I guess those on pace numbers (what they evaluate will be the number for the content total lifetime) could be optimistic but possible.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Those number are on pace to reach X million views and they household not account in the quarterly report has well.

It could be an indication that there is a lot of peoples by account.

Say there is 137m subscribers worldwide, if you have about in average 4.x people by account if we add up the free account in that list too (2 group of people, some with partners and childrens) for over 550m total people having access to Netflix.

We could see some content giving the impression to be seen by a very large % of subscribers because we underestimate the total numebr of users.

Them saying household and not subscribers/account, are they counting how many different IP address watched it ? Sometime 2-3 different one from the same account ? (A better way to seek how many people seen it)

If there is over half a billion people that are Netflix users with over 250m IP address I guess those on pace numbers (what they evaluate will be the number for the content total lifetime) could be optimistic but possible.

they're cooking the books barnack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Witcher about to be watched by extraterrestrials .That’s how they come to destroy after seeing Henry’s wig.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

One question because Broly isnt listed on the BOM theater counts chart: Will the film get more than 2 or 3 days to make money? With a 7M OD, you think they would give it atleast a week to make some bucks? I remember in the past that most anime films basically play for only a day or two.

Yeah it should do.

With the previous two movies, they advertised specific days it was going to be on so it did well on those days and then dropped like a stone in-between.

They haven't done that with this, it's just been advertised as from January 16. It's probably going to fluctuate a lot but the movie should have more days with high theatre counts this time.

• Like 1