scabab

Wednesday Numbers | Broly $7.06 million

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they're cooking the books barnack.

That for sure they are using the optimistic top of the model when they are talking about on pace for X views (in say the next 3 year's or what not they are talking about with view pace).

But by a factor of more than 33% too optimistic with what will happen ? There is a bit of a risk, producers or original content risk to start asking too much, arguing look how much your original content reach many people, we are worth more than Friends 100m a year's contract.

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

you can't convince me netflix aren't inflating their numbers. apparently You has been watched by 40 million accounts as well? boolshit. soon we're gonna be hearing about how 100 million people have watched that tidying up show.

I actually agree...although it might be more subtle than a "straight fraud"...maybe some bot purchases?:)  I know, anecdotally, I haven't watched any of the "big movies" from Netflix...although I just did watch Solo on it...

51 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Watching a movie on Netflix is definitely not the same. It's much easier and people would be more willing to check out something that essentially doesn't cost you anything.

Exactly. Some moron lazily "watching" a piece of crap like Bird Box on his/her smartphone because they've got nothing better to do is the absolute nadir in passive, unquestioning media consumption.

Edited by Fielding

15 minutes ago, Fielding said:

Exactly. Some moron lazily "watching" a piece of crap like Bird Box on his/her smartphone because they've got nothing better to do is the absolute nadir in passive, unquestioning media consumption.

Yikes. A dragonball movie makes 7M on a Wednesday and you're complaining that Bird Box is the bane of media consumption

Edited by DAJK
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

who is watching all this stuff adding to view totals? 

why are they watching it?

where are they watching it?

Are you a real person?

Honest question.

2 hours ago, The Gotham Bank said:

If you think netflix are inflating their numbers, you haven't been paying attention to how huge netflix has become.

This, to be honest.

I've seen that random "You" series all over social media and billboards plastered all over my city. I guess it must be unappealing since it doesn't seem to have much attention.

I think Broly might hold well Thursday! I was just at the theater tonight and it was completely full. People were literally sitting in the stairs cause there were no seats! Never seen anything like it and I’ve been in Thursday previews for Force Awakens and Infinity War...

DBZ is perhaps one or if one of the only anime that was much better in the English Dub then the original Japanese.

I like new stuff but its hard to beat the show at its prime...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

I think Broly might hold well Thursday! I was just at the theater tonight and it was completely full. People were literally sitting in the stairs cause there were no seats! Never seen anything like it and I’ve been in Thursday previews for Force Awakens and Infinity War...

what??? they dont count the seats before selling tickets? wtf