John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Mary Poppins did under perform all expectations. It's doing well for it's genre in North America but the overseas numbers aren't looking so hot outside of the UK. Aquaman has flew past all expectations. Supposedly DC on film died with Justice League, according to everyone but a few of us. 

Will see where Poppins will end up, but I would be curious when the social media embargo lifted to see a list of people expecting around what it will do WW or lower.

So no limited releases are going wide this weekend? Weird, I feel like there's usually tons of those in January. This year we only have two so far (ON THE BASIS OF SEX and IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK).

1 hour ago, Steele131 said:

400M domestic!!!!

The film did very well regardless how you spin it, it is tracking 40% ahead of TGS and pass La La Land.

With more holidays such as MLK, President Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labour Day and Thanksgiving to come, I can see the film reach 400m as what you have proclaimed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I'll ask again because I didn't get an answer before. Why is Box Office Mojo saying Broly $9.5 million for the 5 day for a $15 million start?

In what way does that work out? Are they referring to Thursday to Sunday? Because if made $7 million on Wednesday then with another $9.5 million...that's $16.5 million.

Nothing adds up to this $15 million they mention.

20 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

We just got a new #1 movie that's about to reach close to 50M on the 4-day, and y'all still want to talk about Aquaman? Sigh.

17 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Why are we still talking about a movie that came out 5 weeks ago, when we have a new 40M+ opener? Are you guys really that boring?

uh-oh i was about to mention the mule but now i'm scared i might get a "what are you doing? that's an entire month old. talk about glllllaaaaaaaassss please"

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

uh-oh i was about to mention the mule but now i'm scared i might get a "what are you doing? that's an entire month old. talk about glllllaaaaaaaassss please"

Mule discussion's way more interesting than the same re-heated arguments about Aquaman and Mary Poppins tho

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

give us your Muler Report anyways