John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Reports are Wan got in touch with Snyder and showed him early screenings and storyboards of Aquaman. Wan wanted Snyder's input and to do away with changes Whedon made to the character during JL.

Thank you Snyder.

Good to know that. As I predicted years ago, time is proving Zack Snyder was always the right person to create this cinematic DC universe. He understands the characters and is a brilliant filmmaker. While his own movies were divisive (but commercially successful), he still established a beloved universe and characters. The talented directors that followed his ideas achieved great success, and the one who didn't, failed spectacularly.

It's a great thing that Zack Snyder is back as a producer for Wonder Woman 1984 and The Flash. Future is looking good for the DCEU. Both movies will gross over $1 billion too.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

We just got a new #1 movie that's about to reach close to 50M on the 4-day, and y'all still want to talk about Aquaman? Sigh.

no Brine King in Glass (i'm assuming, though i don't know what the twist is). so nothing to talk about.

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Good to know that. As I predicted years ago, time is proving Zack Snyder was always the right person to create this cinematic DC universe. He understands the characters and is a brilliant filmmaker. While his own movies were divisive (but commercially successful), he still established a beloved universe and characters. The talented directors that followed his ideas achieved great success, and the one who didn't, failed spectacularly.

It's a great thing that Zack Snyder is back as a producer for Wonder Woman 1984 and The Flash. Future is looking good for the DCEU. Both movies will gross over $1 billion too.

I could not agree more and that's all I was saying. Some people will hate Snyder no matter what but I opt to give credit where it's due and it is clear that patty and wan both asked for zack's input on their respective projects. 

• Like 1

Glass reigns supreme, but Dragon Ball hasn't exactly crashed:

2019-01-19 01:00:33.498873 UTC
1	30.6%	Glass
2	11.4%	The Upside
3	7.6%	Dragon Ball Super: Broly
4	5.6%	Aquaman
5	5.1%	A Dog's Way Home

That is certainly a steep decline from Wednesday, but it doesn't seem to be as frontloaded as it was feared. It will be interesting to see how much it makes in total. The DBZ hardcore fanbase is faithful, but it isn't that large; Broly evidently appeals to casual fans or even the GA. There are still many sold out shows today. One has to wonder why it didn't get a normal release and what was the potential box office.

• Like 1

Glass is doing fine, the budget is low so it will be a hit. It remains to be seen what the word of mouth is though. Deadline's early reporting on holdovers is so flip floppy though that I will be waiting for those numbers.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

I could not agree more and that's all I was saying. Some people will hate Snyder no matter what but I opt to give credit where it's due and it is clear that patty and wan both asked for zack's input on their respective projects. 

I like Zack and his DC films. But I also like that DC films seem to be evolving past his style. More variety and voices is a good thing

• Thanks 1

M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ Shattering $50M+ Over 4 Days, Besting ‘Split’ Debut

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Good film, favorite superhero since Logan

15 hours ago, cubsfan said:

I actually really enjoyed it.  I went in expecting it to be a complete mess and walked out enjoying every minute of it.

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Glass is fucking excellent.

5 hours ago, Mulder said:

Glass only cost about 20 million, some of which M. Night personally financed himself. It's already doubled it's budget on OW

GlassFI.jpg

Edited by MrGlass2